Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Where Has Everyone Been?
Hello?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:54:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

been looking for sex....
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:26:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
We thought about that but its not line of sight. Way too many trees in the way.

Any suggestions?

Is it possible?

http://www.hughesnet.com/
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 00:56:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HughesNet says it's not available in AK (doesn't mean it wouldn't work, but support might not be very good up here). Pretty much the only options up here are Cable Modem, DSL, Wireless or Cellular. Not sure if you have cable in your area or not. One mile is easily doable with a wireless bridge if you have the right equipment, but it sounds like you don't have line of site so that's probably not an option. Asylum, Is there someone within your line of site that has some type of broadband? I thought one of the oilers on my ship had some type of satellite internet at one time and he lives in Sterling, if I see him I'll ask him about it but that probably won't be until May. (he's on the ship in the shipyard down in Portland and I'm working other vessels up here).

An EVDO solution could work, but would probably suck for gaming. If you don't get a good signal, it's possible to use an external antenna and one of the EVDO capable wireless routers remotely located to improve reception. AT&T's 3G should be coming online within the next couple months and GCI says their cellular system will be testing a 4G solution early next year, but that's way too long to wait.

Spire, I may have to take you up on that beer at lunch offer since I'll be in Soldotna March 12th. - 15th. for the Mite C State Hockey tournament (my youngest sons team will be playing). We rented a house down there (cheaper than two hotel rooms) but I don't know the address yet. If your interested let know and I'll PM you my cellphone number and maybe we can hookup Friday the 13th. Grin

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:25:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The HughesNet bird might be too low on the horizon that far north. I know theres a few communications satellites that are.
afrtramos
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:28:05    Post Subject: aargh Reply with quote View Single Post

Don't trip the servers yet, because I have not yet posting up to at least 20 of these! ...

let me reach my goal first! LMAO! hahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing

Never noticed it though...must be because I haven't registered yet during that time.
killap4oc
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:46:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
Heh heh!

Server never went down, logs show it stayed up the whole time. It appears the server provider tripped over the plug to a switch and left a bunch of customers sitting with no Intraweb.

Bang Head

Just curious but what kind of hardware does this server run off of?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:54:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Back then it was on a VPS in NYC. Left there ASAP. Now we're on a more powerful solution in the high tech mecca of Kansas City!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: