Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Coffee!!!!
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killap4oc
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:29:08    Post Subject: Coffee!!!! Reply with quote View Single Post

To start off with I posted this on another forum but thought everyone else might be interested in this one! =D

Ok, so I am sure many of us can agree on this, but what is one common thing that many of us computer nerds have in common? If you said coffee in the mornings, evenings and nights you are the winner. Sorry I don't have a prize to give away, however yesterday I was watching an interesting documentary on coffee beans on the History or Discovery channel and ran across Kopi Luwak.

"The most expensive coffee in the world does not hail from Jamaica or Hawaii, but instead from Indonesia.
Kopi Luwak the most expensive coffee in the world does exist, and those who drink the expensive coffee insist that it is made from coffee beans eaten, partly digested and then excreted by the Common palm civet, a weasel-like animal.
“Kopi” the Indonesian word for coffee along with “luwak” is local name of this animal which eats the raw red coffee beans. The civet digests the soft outer part of the coffee cherry, but does not digest the inner beans and excretes them."

Source: http://most-expensive.net/coffee-in-world
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:11:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Being the redneck that I am I've eaten and drank all sorts of weird stuff - but I refuse to consume civet poo coffee.

However, the civet cat itself is on the menu..
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:21:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Heard about this a while ago. I hear it tastes a bit nutty Laughing
misty
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:38:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

slugbug wrote:
Heard about this a while ago. I hear it tastes a bit nutty Laughing

LOL

I've heard of this before too. I remember watching something where they were charging people $100 a cup, was it Neiman Marcus or something? I don't remember exactly, but paying that much to drink something an animal sh!ts turns my stomach.

Stewie: I was under the impression the name of the show was "Kids Say the Darndest Things," not "Old Black Comedians Never Shut the Hell Up."
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:46:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have seen things about this... still don't believe it. Anyone see Bucket List? I think Jack Nicholson was drinking it in there and didn't know what it was until later in the movie... Thought he was a big shot drinking fancy coffee...
killap4oc
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:47:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I feel Neiman Marcus sounds fairly familiar. I believe that is correct, I don't know personally I would not mind giving it a shot. I guess I will try anything once, (stupid Tomboy instincts) lol.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:48:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Working on a ship, I've had more conversations about coffee than I care to admit and yes Kopi Lewak has come up, but most feel it's too expensive to even be considered, especially when we each drink 2 or 3 pots of coffee a day.

For those of us not willing to spend several hundred $'s a pound, there's Jamaican Blue Mountain. Only $30/lb, still too high for every day use in my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_Blue_Mountain_Coffee

It's actually pretty good coffee. I live about 1 block from the largest coffee roaster in Alaska and usually just buy whatever they have available. Varies, but it's usually only $12 to $15/lb with the occasional $20/lb bag of something special.

Boo Boo

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:05:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that's as bad as the Oolong monkey tea. It grows high up in thick trees so they get monkies to pick the leaves. Don't know how much varmit poo is in it though.
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:26:08    Post Subject: Re: Coffee!!!! Reply with quote View Single Post

killap4oc wrote:

what is one common thing that many of us computer nerds have in common? If you said coffee in the mornings, evenings and nights you are the winner.

this. I like something strong to start my day, ice coffee mid day, and a nice flavored coffee at night...

but I prefer beans that have never passed through an animal, thanks.

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:24:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:
that's as bad as the Oolong monkey tea. It grows high up in thick trees so they get monkies to pick the leaves. Don't know how much varmit poo is in it though.

D@mn monkeys cr@p and piss on everything so I'd guess there's more than enough to give it a flavor people will pay hundreds for Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: