Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Reduce Sapphire Toxic Radeon HD4870 Fan Noise
http://www.bigbruin.com/2008/toxicbios_1
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:39:44    Post Subject: Reduce Sapphire Toxic Radeon HD4870 Fan Noise Reply with quote View Single Post

The representative from Sapphire recently sent an e-mail with two files attached; ATI WinFlash v2.0.15 utility and BIOS file 85VCTOXI.008. The BIOS file was developed specifically to address complaints about noise with the Toxic Radeon HD4870, and the flash utility provides a simple, Windows-based means of applying it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

christo33jcd
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:13:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hello jason

Here a response of sapphire about the very important noise of my Sapphire HD 4870 Toxic. It is for me unbearable:

Dear Sir

Sir,there is no new bios at moment. We suggest you use fan controller on CCC center, overdriver page at 8.10 driver. AMD had design fan control function in 8.10 version. Try adjust from that and monitor your GPU temp carefully. Thanks.

Regards
Sapphire Tech Support

------------------------------------------

Could you transmit to me the bios and utility ATI for flasher the bios?

Thank you very much

Jean Christophe
I'm french and il live Bordeaux
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:40:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How about posting a copy of the bios for folks to download and use..................Wink
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:12:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sbrehm72255 wrote:
How about posting a copy of the bios for folks to download and use..................Wink

If people would like a copy, I'll help them find it... But I don't want to make it available for download myself.

I think a few people have installed this since the article, and they all liked the results.
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:51:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
sbrehm72255 wrote:

If people would like a copy, I'll help them find it... But I don't want to make it available for download myself.

I think a few people have installed this since the article, and they all liked the results.

Cool, I sure could use a little help finding it please............. Wave

I checked Sapphire's web site and there's zero mention of it anywhere.

rculora
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:10:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi,

I would really appreciate it if you would give me some help in obtaining those files.

Thanks

Rob
mrtamer
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:41:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
sbrehm72255 wrote:

I would quite much appreciate to be able to install that "silent" bios to my 4870 toxic. Could you send me helps to find it?

To all using Sapphires 4870 toxic 512MB card, what does GPU-Z.0.3.1 show for your GPU bios version?
I just bought mine and it shows VER011.010.000.002.029896, which apparently is 85VCTOXI.006.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:01:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just sent you an e-mail with the address you used to register your account. BIOS version I see post flash is .008

Grin
Igiss
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 02:53:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's a bit too late, but can I ask for the new BIOS file as well? Have the same video card, and could use the fix, cannot find it anywhere else... the card is just too noisy.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:43:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not too late... I will try to contact you later. Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Articles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: