Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
New(used) toy..
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 03:23:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
Funny, I just forklifted one of these Winchester 12/24 Gun Safes up onto the third story of my house.

It has 5 in it and lots more to come now that I can conceal carry freely.

I need to find a nice Bear revolver for my wife. Engineer I work with just got MAULED by a brown (grizzly) bear. Just a bit too close to home to think it doesn't happen.

It happens!, not a lot, but it definitely happens. The one thing I remember most about bears growing up is that they STINK!! This is much more common with the bears that are working the fish creeks, but even the interior bears will roll in their kill. It was an overpowering putrid smell that is hard to miss. Keep your senses about you and pay attention to your surroundings and you usually have nothing to worry about. Problem with firearms is that I think sometimes people get a false sense of security when carrying them. Don't get me wrong, I ALWAYS carry a .357 with 200gr. hardcast handloads, but it's no substitute for good situational awareness. The thing is that most attacks happen so fast that a gun of any type rarely plays a role in the outcome. Unless of course it's being used by a second person. Which I guess is as good a reason as any to get your wife a good pistol, she may have to use it on a bear that's chewing on you Grin

.41 is a nice caliber, I'd have one myself except for the fact that I inherited both .357's I own and don't really expect to have to use them on a bear.

Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 03:23:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

He is doing very well now, the doc stopped counting stitches after 140.

Oh, and the safe was no big deal, did it by my self. (6000 lb extendable boom forklift made it easy).

"You dont have to be faster than your buddy in a bear attack, you just have to kick him in the knee before he can run."
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 03:28:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just have to add that I wouldn't trade the deadly bears in Alaska for the gang bangers in California for anything in the world.

This place is incredible...
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 04:11:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
Spire wrote:
Funny, I just forklifted one of these Winchester 12/24 Gun Safes up onto the third story of my house.

It has 5 in it and lots more to come now that I can conceal carry freely.

I need to find a nice Bear revolver for my wife. Engineer I work with just got MAULED by a brown (grizzly) bear. Just a bit too close to home to think it doesn't happen.

It happens!, not a lot, but it definitely happens. The one thing I remember most about bears growing up is that they STINK!! This is much more common with the bears that are working the fish creeks, but even the interior bears will roll in their kill. It was an overpowering putrid smell that is hard to miss. Keep your senses about you and pay attention to your surroundings and you usually have nothing to worry about. Problem with firearms is that I think sometimes people get a false sense of security when carrying them. Don't get me wrong, I ALWAYS carry a .357 with 200gr. hardcast handloads, but it's no substitute for good situational awareness. The thing is that most attacks happen so fast that a gun of any type rarely plays a role in the outcome. Unless of course it's being used by a second person. Which I guess is as good a reason as any to get your wife a good pistol, she may have to use it on a bear that's chewing on you Grin

.41 is a nice caliber, I'd have one myself except for the fact that I inherited both .357's I own and don't really expect to have to use them on a bear.

After seeing some bear attacks, even when the person did manage to use his gun - I'd sooner the wife shoot ME with it if one started gnawing on me.

Last edited by knight0334 on Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:19:42; edited 1 time in total
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:58:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:

Dr. E,
The problem is that since you skew the averages, there are at least 4 or 5 people who don't have a firearm. If you live in Kali, the average is probably less than 1/2 firearm per person, so there would be 8 or 10 unprotected people out there.

Left Kali... In Co. And in the next probably 2 weeks I'll be heading down to the Sheriff's office and applying for my CCW. Grin We're a "Will Issue" State... gotta love it!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:26:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yikes - the screening process obviously isn't effective enough...
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 13:33:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey Cheezy, does CO require training and/or passport sized photos?

If so, you might want to get that taken care of first before making a drive. ...that way you can take care of filling out form, any fingerprints(if CO requires them), and filing in one trip.

Your CO license would be good in the following states too..

Doc, you're pretty much $hit out of luck if you ever wanted one. ..unless you are connected. The Peoples Republic of New Jersey rarely issues them.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:39:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Knight - Yea, you need to meet a few qualifications, and since I've been out of the Marines too long I had to go to a basic hand gun safety class. Luckily my Director is a licenses NRA firearms instructor and the employer is looking to have a few people capable of being armed, so a few weeks ago he put on a class.

I just have to take that, some paper work and some $$$$ down to the Sheriff's office and I'm golden.

Doc - As long as your not a criminal, drug user, or insane the state law say they HAVE to issue you a permit. Grin Freedom to keep and bear arms baby! 2nd Amendment FTW!
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:42:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Knight - Yea, you need to meet a few qualifications, and since I've been out of the Marines too long I had to go to a basic hand gun safety class. Luckily my Director is a licenses NRA firearms instructor and the employer is looking to have a few people capable of being armed, so a few weeks ago he put on a class.

I just have to take that, some paper work and some $$$$ down to the Sheriff's office and I'm golden.

Doc - As long as your not a criminal, drug user, or insane the state law say they HAVE to issue you a permit. Grin Freedom to keep and bear arms baby! 2nd Amendment FTW!

Hell, here in MO they are supposed to do background checks and all that, but there are a bunch of ex-cons that slip through the cracks all the time.............. Yikes

Hey Dr. EvilCheeze, where in CO are you, I'm originally from there, Divide area up west of Woodland Park.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: