Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Custom Audio Video Cables
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:58:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Funny Ice should mention Mouser.com, thats where I got the ones in the picture above.

I also have some very nice cable for them also, don't know the total footage, but its got to be over 50 Ft. Two strand, nice and small and each one of the pairs has not one but two center wires and a shield. Some real high quality stuff. If you are interested, I can figure out how much there is and strip it back and take a pic.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:08:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Mouser is excellent. I used them a lot when I made my own guitar pedals Grin

A letter to a soldier
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:59:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK, you guys are correct, Radio shack does have the solder type ends. But you were also correct in saying their employees are the suck! This guy asked me what I was trying to do while I had the connectors in my hands just looking at the different styles, so I explain to him what I am trying to do. Then he comes back a minute later with a A/V hub???? WTF! I explain again, not sure why, but then he comes back with the mini 1/8 adaptor to stereo RCA???? AT this point I was so baffled I just walked out without saying anything to him. Now I really need to know where they get these people, you would think they would want somebody who actually knew a little about electronics but I guess not.
evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:48:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was informed that if you wanted to get resisters ect ect, you had to order the stuff from http://www.radioshack.com/ because they dont stock as mutch as they used to.it would be easier this way.

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:53:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's so odd. I used to get all sorts of crazy resistors, capacitors (tip: never plug a capacitor straight into an outlet) and other such from Radio Shack. If they're starting to do this type stuff it sounds like they're going commercial. They're probably feeling that they sell more stereo systems and RC cars than electronic components.

A letter to a soldier
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:24:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think the problem is with finding help that they can afford. They probably only pay like 7 bucks an hour so right there you're not likely to find people that know a lot about this stuff, just people that know enough to fool people who know nothing!
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:28:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No kidding. You really need people that have at least a good interest in electronics with an associates in the electronic engineering (or similar). BUT NO! Good help is not on the to-do list...

I still recommend Mouser. Grin

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: