Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Custom Audio Video Cables
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:36:03    Post Subject: Custom Audio Video Cables Reply with quote View Single Post

Does anyone know where I can buy custom cables or the parts to make my own at a reasonable cost? I have several A/V components all hooked together and it looks like I have about 100 extra feet of cable. I can never track a damn wire because they are all rats nested together.

I did find out that Monster sells the parts to do this but they are going to be pretty damn expensive, each connector end is 6 bucks, so a typical composite audio video cable will cost around 40 bucks! I did find a few places that have shorter than the normal 3 foot but even the 1.5 footers may be longer than I want.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:49:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Radio Shack has all the components you need for just about any A/V setup and for a reasonable price.

A letter to a soldier
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:25:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I looked at my local Shack but I didn't see anything and they said they didn't carry the parts either. I'll have to get over to their site and see.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:33:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What components do you need exactly?

A letter to a soldier
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:06:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just happen to have 17 fairly nice unused RCA plug ends I'd be willing to part with. There are 17 total 10 red and 7 black, plus a spare back barrel. (A red can be made into a black by pulling the red sleeve off)

I'll say 20 bucks + actual shipping (cheap)

Or, you should go to:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?DID=7&WebPage_ID=3&Start=2&ObjectGroup_ID=125&sm=1&so=2&search_type=18114099&desc=ASC

There are ultra cheap to uber spendy!!!

IMG_0849.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.99 KB
 Viewed:  14292 Time(s)

IMG_0849.jpg

fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:57:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Do these just use regular coax cable? DO they need a special crimper? I will have to look at my setup and see how many of these things I actually need so I can make a parts list.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:15:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No, these don't use coax cable. All you need for these types of connectors is a wire with Pos/Neg/Sheilding. You'll need a soldering iron, not a crimper. You can get all this at Radio Shack, and I'm surprised you couldn't find these connectors there. But, if you want you should look at Mouser.com as well.

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:38:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

fb - are you just looking for coax cable to use on the digital sound output? Or do you need a variety of cables?
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:15:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IceNine wrote:
You can get all this at Radio Shack, and I'm surprised you couldn't find these connectors there.

I'm not! at a typical RS store, the chances of finding anything, particularly if you're being "helped" are getting lower every month. If they leave you alone, you might be able to find the parts. if you look in the catalog, I'm sure they have multiple models that will work great.
Or just go some where else and avoid being infected with stupidity
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:56:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
fb - are you just looking for coax cable to use on the digital sound output? Or do you need a variety of cables?

I have a bunch of cables I would like to shorten but not the digital cable, that I'll just buy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: