Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Got an Upgrade - From the Cable Co
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:53:08    Post Subject: Got an Upgrade - From the Cable Co Reply with quote View Single Post

All of a sudden I have about twice as many HD channels! Woot! Still only about 30 or so, I guess, but the more the merrier.

Cablevision just added all of the Voom Network Channels... http://www.voom.tv/

Most are odd, like the Kung Fu Channel or UltraHD (all fashion related)... But there is some good stuff like Rush HD, Equator, and Rave.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 01:23:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

f u...

basic expanded cable and 5 meg internet = $100 where i am

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:58:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, I never said it was cheap, I'm just getting more for my money now... I think my package comes to $130/month... which includes:

1. Cable TV with one digital box + HD. (other TVs manage to get a few HD channels and all standard channels minus the box).

2. VoIP with all calls in the US and Canada included + voice mail and all that jazz.

3. 30 / 5 Mbps Internet service + unlocked ports for home hosting and oooh, a free domain name.

Laughing
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:03:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

where i live that would be like a million billion dollars a month lol

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:18:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, the Voom HD network is great. We watch the Monster channel A LOT here, as well as I watch the KungFu channel quite a bit.

Plus I think Rave is the one that has a lot of HD concerts that are really cool. Watched the Eagles perform one night, not as good as being there in person, but still pretty damn good.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 04:59:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you guys and your good services at reasonable prices crack the hell out of my Alaska experience.

After buying this house I ordered DSL only to be told that it was a big fat maybe (turned out to work, just VERY slow 1080Kbps/190Kpbs for 69.00 /month)

Cable is an impossibility for at least 5 years (only because I live a bit more rural).

I have an 8 foot dish and a 6 foot dish just to pick up the only two sattelites that pierce the horizon. Its bizarre too, the Dishes point toward the ground. I'll have to get a picture to show you what I mean. That gets me a Dual DVR HD box (4 HD channels) for 80 bucks a month. (although I don't think I will ever have to pay again!!!)

I did manage to hook up with the most incredible Dish Network installer guy you could imagine (he mounted the 6 foot dish and "pimped my ride" for a BBQ steak dinner) (He also hooked me up with some Experimental Reception Equipment.)
Dimensionjew
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 14:20:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You think 1080/190 is fast? The fastest internet ive ever had is 768/126.......I had always been using dial up before that. The only thing better though is I only play 15$/ month. Grin

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: