Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake iXoft R15ON02 Notebook Cooling Pad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:02:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

After having used a handful of notebook coolers that use rigid bodies with fans to get the job done, the iXoft is obviously the quietest, easiest to setup, most portable, and still quite effective. The somewhat mysterious and scientific nature of Thermaltake's heatshift technology makes the iXoft even more appealing. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

JChaps
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:39:59    Post Subject: The Thermaltake iXoft R15ON02 Notebook Cooling Pad Reply with quote View Single Post

My laptop constantly overheats when I run World of Warcraft, and I'm wondering if the iXoft will cure this problem? Confused ... I would like to have something that isn't huge and bulky to carry around! If this product isn't enough to cool down my laptop, then what would you suggest? thanks
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:46:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi... Can't say for sure how it would do for you in your situation, but you should expect a temperature drop. Might just be enough to eliminate over heating.

Other coolers I have used have provided similar, or worse results... And those use fans and require a USB port.
juan21
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:11:33    Post Subject: Hi Doc! Reply with quote View Single Post

Im been looking for the iXoft reviews being used under more extreme temperatures, for example, during overclocking (temps of 80-90'C perhaps?) but none were found. I would also like to know whether it would be suitable to be used 24/7 as I would like to keep my laptop on all the time. Could you answer my questions doc? Im kinda sceptical about the iXoft not resticting airflow from the base but then again i havent seen it myself. Is it the best latop cooler? What cooler would you consider to be the absolute best? I own a high end Dell Inspiron 9400 and its 17". Confused
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:44:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi... Well, I know some people overclock anything, but I am of the opinion that overclocking a laptop just isn't a good idea.

That said, I have had my laptop on the iXoft since it got here. I used to keep it permanently on top of the Hiyatek cooler reviewed here, but that was more for the card reader and extra USB ports.

I think the only issue with keeping it on the iXOft full time, regardless of speed and heat from the laptop would be where the intake vents are. Mine happen to be on the back side of the cooler and exhaust on the side, but some do draw in from the bottom. The cooler isn't so soft that the laptop sinks down into it, but the dimpled profile may just happen to line up so a raised section could protrude into the intake vent area, at least partially.

For a more heavy duty set of results... I just ran Prime95 "In-Place" on the laptop and the SpeedFan reported temp for the CPU still gets 88C, but with no pad it gets to 93C. Not a big difference, but the underside of the pad stays somewhat comfortable at this temperature, while I'm not looking to roast any nuts without it.
juan21
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:16:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks Doc! That was fast! 93-88C... I was hoping more like 10C difference but i guess its better than nothing... There arent that many 17" laptop coolers around anyways. Hope that im making the right choice. Thanks again. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: