Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
What's your browser?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What browser do you use most?
Netscape (you know that it's discontinued, right?)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Internet Explorer 4+
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Mozilla Firebird
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Mozilla
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Opera
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Avant Browser
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crazy Browser
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lynx
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Konqueror
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:58:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Red Squirrel wrote:
I used to use IE just because it comes with the installation of windows and it's already there, but when I tried my site in other browsers just for fun and realized everything was completly out of wack, I switched to mozilla and remade my site using mozilla to test, and now my site works in every single browser but IE. Grin It works in IE, there's just lot of dumb things that IE does such as skipping every few right borders for the articles, and ingoring the center cell of one of my tables and such.

IE = MS = MS version of W3C lol

Smart... make your site look messed up in the browser some place around 80% - 90% of all people use.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:03:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

At least it's standard. Grin

my site
Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:52:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Now that I think of it, would you happen to know how I could fix those problems? Just go the the article section or the top 5 on my home page and the border gets cut off at some of the entries. IE is so dumb, this is dynamic code and it's just the same code repeated for each entry, so they should all look the same.

my site
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:09:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, if you made your site the proper way, using CSS instead of tables, it would work fine in every browser except hopelessly old ones like Communicator 4.6.

Check www.woodturnedcreations.com for an example. It's not perfect (because it was the first decent site I did), but it's enough to show you what I mean.

Check W3Schools for nice info on CSS, XHTML, XML, and such.

Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 06:01:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IE; works fine for what I do and I use a combo of hardware and software to keep the garbage from getting into my system.
Mr_Shrimp
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:59:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i get no probs with IE and so i stick to it. i would rather not fill up my pc with adware and spyware and crap. i mean, i know that comes anyway but Spybot sorts that out for me. Cool
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:33:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Do you use a popup blocker, shrimp?

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:30:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How does using Mozilla or Firebird fill up your system with adware and spyware? They help PREVENT that stuff and they have no ads like Opera...

And they block pop-ups, but let you see which ones have been blocked if you want, and you can tell it to allow the pop-ups you want. That's quite a bit better than crazy browser add-on for IE, or any other pop-up blocker I know of.......

Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:35:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dud3! wrote:
Well, if you made your site the proper way, using CSS instead of tables, it would work fine in every browser except hopelessly old ones like Communicator 4.6..

But I need to use tables to seperate stuff, and use CSS for mostly everything, but not to the point where the CSS template gets messy. (border sizes etc are hard coded in the table so I don't need to make like 100 classes for all possible sizes)

my site
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:57:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Tables were never meant for laying out a webpage, and they remain so now.

That doesn't keep most everyone from using them, but tables are SOOOOOOO much messier and harder to control than some simple CSS. You should have seen that Woodturned Creations site when I first did it with tables and then later tables and CSS. Total pain, total mess.

I do understand however, that with a site of any size, escaping table madness would be difficult if the site was built using tables. Converting would take a lot of time.

You know, I think I may still have an old version of that site that uses tables, I'll check and see....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: