Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
What's your browser?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What browser do you use most?
Netscape (you know that it's discontinued, right?)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Internet Explorer 4+
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Mozilla Firebird
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Mozilla
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Opera
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Avant Browser
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crazy Browser
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lynx
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Konqueror
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:08:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

But most modern sites need to use tables, because of complexity. Unless you use frames but I'm not a big fan of those (though they are much easier to manage if you add more navigation you only need to change it on one page).

For example, on my site I have the left colum and then the content, the only way to seperate that is to use at least one table, but in my case I have many tables nested because of the way it's designed. Makes it easy (for me) to stay organized, and is viewed well in all browsers, but IE just sucks at it.

I did see where someone used css to make something that looked like a table, but it was horrible, because it would overlap on other text and stuff if you resize the window or make it too big, while tables keep the text inside.

my site
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:57:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, I can make you a template with as many containers and sections as you want to a point with pure CSS.

On that WC site I have the main container which is what everything else is in, and it's position is relative, it can be moved around. Then the container for the title and link buttons, which is absolute (position and size are specified), then the main content, then a third container on the left, but I got rid of that later.

Anyway, not getting on you, just sharing some info......

Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:39:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually I'd be interested to see how this could be done, not that I want to switch my whole site because of one little border problem, but it might be something nice to know for later. Though W3C usually makes things worse for IE. I saw a "picture" of a house using purely CSS and it only worked in standard browsers.

my site
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:57:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, I was about to go to bed, so I'm not doing anything. I'll go ahead and illustrate the difference between a layout that uses tables, and one that uses CSS/HTML.

Give me a few minutes.........

Edit: If you have AIM or ICQ, that would be a BIG help. Who4Dud3 or 152388735 .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: