Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Dacos Technologies Rapsody 2.5" Multimedia Player
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:22:42    Post Subject: Help with getting Rapsody RSH-250 to work Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for your review; my unit stands still on the initial screen. It works fine as a usb drive (formatted on win xp with FAT32 and NTSF). The remote turns off/on the unit. I tried reformatting with just NTSF without success. I tried firmware recovery using this file (update-v1.36-060627-rsh250-european) without success. The unit initially blinded both the USB and HDD lights. After about 2 seconds or 3 blinks the HDD light went out. The USB light continued to blink for 30 minutes. It never auto rebooted. I'm kind of stuck. Can you help me with what to try next? I'm assuming the drive is installed correctly since it works as a usb drive. The remote powers the unit so I am assuming it works also. I used the WD Scorpio 120Gb drive you used in your review. I am wondering if I need to ask ComputerGeeks for a replacement unit or if I am missing something?
Thanks for your help
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:50:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ntaurus2001, like I said before, my unit would not power on with the OTG battery pack so I cannot test it. I would expect normal USB speeds for transferring any amount of files.

Peter, is it possible to post a screenshot of what you are seeing? If you look in the manual you should see something about firmware recovery (I think you hold and copy and power buttons but check that manual).

I did have to do that when I was playing around with different firmwares and it did work. If you cannot format to NTFS then you may have an issue with your hard drive, maybe you could try another. (don't need to format it though).
Peter
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:01:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can't get a screen shoot of the tv; it had the Rapsody name up on the upper left screen and several toggle choices on the lower right portion of the screen. It was all in grey rather than the nice blue in the manual. I used the directions on page 34 of the manual to recover the firmware. I pressed and held the copy button while pressing the power button. Both the usb and hdd lights flashed briefly with the usb contunuing to flash for 30 minutes. The manual said if the usb flashes more than five munutes after the hdd led is off during the rescue process a occurrence of error. I checked their suggestions (formware file on hd and hd correctly removed for pc. Thanks for helping me so fast.
Peter
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:18:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ahh I get it now...the dreaded gray screen!!!

go to setup and reset it to default settings (remember what your settings are though) then it will magically go back to blue and you can use the product.

I have gotten that same issue maybe about 5 times since the review. Nothing I can tell that causes it, but at least I found a rather simple way to fix it.

Let me know how it goes.
Peter
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:30:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi,
When you had to push the setup button on the remote did it quickly change to the setup screen? When I just tried again I get the grey screen but only the power button on the remote works to control the unit. Pushing the setup button did not get the screen to change to the setup screen. How long did your unit flash the usb light when you updated the firmware? It seems like mine just gets stuck in the process with the usb light flashing "forever". Is there a way to shift the unit back to the default setup without having to connect to the tv and use the remote? Thanks for your help again.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:58:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hmm, didn't have that problem. When my screen is gray, I press setup on the remote and it quickly goes to the right screen.

Can you move the cursor to other folders? Mine could when it was gray, but nothing would play.

I don't remember how long it blinked during firmware recovery, I think it was a few minutes though.
Peter
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 20:28:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Unfortunately the cursor won't move; only the power button works. I don't know what else to try. Any Ideas? I really like what the product should do and want to keep it. I may just need to request a replacement from computergeeks. They have had great customer service in the past for me. I appreciate the time you spent to review the product and the time you have spent helping me. If you have any other thoughts of things I could try please let me know.
Peter
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:27:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, nothing else I can think of if you can't get the cursor to move while it is gray.

I didn't try this, but does it power on w/o a hard drive installed?
Peter
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:56:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I tried the player without the hard drive in it. It does the same thing as before; powers on and get stuck at the grey initial screen. I think I'll ask for a replacement and see if it was just a bad unit.
Peter
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:18:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I agree...when mine went to gray it would get past the splash screen and I could see my media...just wouldn't play anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: