Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Asus P5W DH and Vista argh!
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:28:57    Post Subject: Asus P5W DH and Vista argh! Reply with quote View Single Post

Been trying to put on vista since Saturday night, and i just cant get the damn thing to install

Here is the problem while performing a clean install

Vista starts setup, takes abnormally long (10-20 minutes) to get to the initial screen where you select language, once that is done and i hit install it takes a good 45 minutes to get me to the next screen which just says "CD/DVD DEVICE driver not found, then i have to browse for a driver.

It gives me no specifics as to what driver other than say DVD/CD but they don't have any drivers :S

I have swapped 3 different DVD roms/ DVD burners and im stuck at the say place..

I have used my usb key to download Intel chipset utility drivers in case vista meant it needed IDE drivers. i tried them but to no avail i am still at the same screen.

its a problem that many others have been through as well but after scouring the net i have yet to find a working solution

System
Asus P5WDH
Core2duo 6400
1GB Muskin DDR 667
Sounds Blaster X-fi Plat
320GB Seagate SATA HD
Phillips DVD bruner/nec DVD burner/ compaq dvd-rom
Ati X1950 Pro 256mb

any suggestions? Confused

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:37:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Does Asus have any Vista drivers? Or is that the Intel ones your talking about?
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:03:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

To my knowledge the new MS OS came out like a week ago...I would say wait till the 6 month timeframe and hopefully hardware support will be where it should be.
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:20:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well its a 975x chipset intel has the "intel chipset software utiity" which is suppose to install all the required chipset drivers.. I have tried that, I have tried drivers off my Asus install cd aswell (which are intel drivers)

It's funny that this pc which i just built in January is having problems installing vista, while my compaq r4000 laptop installed it in less than 25 mnutes and is running flawlessly..

I'm gonna look for any other suggestions if not just give up and go to XP and like Modulok said wait 6 months lol

Dr.Evil cheese. tried the intel drivers for vista didnt seem to work, asus has drivers for vista aswell but its just the same intel drivers packaged inder asus

and just off topic Dreamscene for vista is a total peice of crap while using a moving wallpaper it tends to eat 50-100% of your cpu on a constant basis.. I honestly dont know what MS was thinking when they added these visuals

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:32:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sounds like a chipset driver issue with Crap-sta. don't think it's a IDE device issue.

Wait until MS puts out it's 3000 hardware patches, then try it again

Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 00:18:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lol. yeah i think im gonna go back to XP and just wait till things get sorted.. hopefully MS or Asus wil adress this god damn issue..

Its retarted becasue XP has no issues all drivers are found and Vista cant find s#!7.. Bang Head

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:45:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

DID you run the "Vista- compatible" check utility BEFORE you tried to install?
VistA actaully has more approved drivers at release than XP did.
However it it's something it doesn't like it will never install.
the "Vista- compatible" check utility is very good at letting you know not to try.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:27:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sadly the P5W DH Deluxe is on the "Vista Ready" list
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:28:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lmao
lordraptor1
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:55:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Confused asus correcting something Confused you obviously have not looked at the asus forums. asus fixes nothing and claims it is something other than their product. numerous people having issues and it is with numerous asus products, asus does not fix any issues they leave it to someone else to do it for them, and sadly the only way a couple of us could get ahold of them is through a long distance phone call which turned out to be a waste. my advice would be just not buy their product as it turns out asus quality varies from year to year one year great one year Censored . i do hope you get vista going i am going to wait for awhile before i make that jump. i would like to see some of the geforce 7 series video cards start being updated for dx10 though, alas it is just wishful thinking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: