Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Asus P5W DH and Vista argh! 
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:28:57    Post Subject: Asus P5W DH and Vista argh! Reply with quote

Been trying to put on vista since Saturday night, and i just cant get the damn thing to install

Here is the problem while performing a clean install

Vista starts setup, takes abnormally long (10-20 minutes) to get to the initial screen where you select language, once that is done and i hit install it takes a good 45 minutes to get me to the next screen which just says "CD/DVD DEVICE driver not found, then i have to browse for a driver.

It gives me no specifics as to what driver other than say DVD/CD but they don't have any drivers :S

I have swapped 3 different DVD roms/ DVD burners and im stuck at the say place..

I have used my usb key to download Intel chipset utility drivers in case vista meant it needed IDE drivers. i tried them but to no avail i am still at the same screen.

its a problem that many others have been through as well but after scouring the net i have yet to find a working solution

System
Asus P5WDH
Core2duo 6400
1GB Muskin DDR 667
Sounds Blaster X-fi Plat
320GB Seagate SATA HD
Phillips DVD bruner/nec DVD burner/ compaq dvd-rom
Ati X1950 Pro 256mb

any suggestions? Confused

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved