Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
eBay Low Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 16:17:56    Post Subject: eBay Low Life Reply with quote View Single Post

So I need some basic DDR2 for a machine for my daughter to use. Nothing special, and eBay seemed the place to go. many 512MB sticks of PC2-4200 for under $40, which seemed fair to me.

So I bid on some Corsair stuff at $25... LINK. And I am immediately outbid and the bidding gets high quickly. I start looking elsewhere, as it seems fishy that the same guy is bumping up the bidding on this stuff and the price is now just too high.

Pricegrabber shows this stuff new only costs $52 and this auction was at $51, hours before it ended!

Then the good stuff happens! The seller contacts me after I am outbid, but while the auction is still running...

Them:

Quote:
i will sell u 2X512 for 125 free shipping the deal is up to u

I immediately realize that deal sucks, as I can get a pair of the same stuff (even though I only want one stick) for under $120 shipped from mWave. I also think it is against the TOS to offer things on the side at eBay, but let that go as I am unsure. But, I write back anyway...

Me:

Quote:
no thanks... but congrats to you if you get that! That is more than retail on these modules!

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=3270467/sort_type=bottomline

Nice enough, right? No problem in my mind. And then they write back with some attitude...

Them:

Quote:
no the ddr2 sell 80 brand new i m not let it go for cheap so whatever when there not even a few month old thanks anyways not everyone looks for something for nothing

So, I just can't let it go...

Me:

Quote:
Like I said, congrats to you if you can get that. I linked you to proof that many stores have those exact part numbers for just over $50 each. I don't want something for nothing, but just pointed out that you are asking for more than retail. If you overpaid at $80 each, that is too bad.

Good luck!

No response yet, and the auction is over. If I do get a response, I am interested to see how big of an Censored they are. Is it something I can go to eBay about? I'd love to make some trouble today!

Banana Evil Banana Carrot Pepper
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 16:42:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I refuse to do the eBay thing anymore. Way too many idiots on there.

One of my other hobbies is firearms, in particular the H&R/NEF single shot rifles.. The barrels regularly sell on eBay for $30-$100 more then what I can send my receiver back to H&R for to have them fit a brand new barrel. And those who buy the eBay barrel still have to fit the lug themselves or have a smith do it for an additional fee.

eBay was once a good place to make a score, now its filled with too many retiree's and yuppies trying to earn a living.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:40:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

he probably bought it when it was brand new and figured the price couldn't have gone down at all...and then figured he'd create a second account to bid on it and keep the price high. Nice guy.
ZhengHe2
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 22:33:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What an a$$. This is precisely the reason that I refuse to buy any hardware whatsoever on ebay. You're just as likely to get a good price from somewhere like the ocforums.com anyway and there if someone acts like an a$$ they get thrown out of ever buying or selling anything onsite, but with ebay it might as well be a free for all.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 22:37:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - I did check many forums before hitting ebay, but saw nothing for basic DDR2 unfortunately.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 00:07:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, that's how it goes...

Report it to eBay for trying to sell outside the auction.

I'll sell on ebay, but won't buy stuff there. Hell, I've sold some ram there for about $100 more than I paid for it. Some people are morons and don't look around. Most of them I think only look at retail pricing, which puts them into the moron category...
Dimensionjew
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 04:49:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea there are many on people on ebay that are really big dicks Mad sometimes you just want to tell them to Censored off.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:51:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That sucks. SOme people are just like that I guess. THe thing I don't understand is if the guy wants to get a particular price for an item he issellign then he can just set his minimum sellign price at that level....

I guess it is all about tryign to get suckers to make deals cause they jsut don't know any better. It is all games and tricks. You jsut wish e-bay would be able to do somehtign about people like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: