Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: eBay Low Life 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 16:17:56    Post Subject: eBay Low Life Reply with quote

So I need some basic DDR2 for a machine for my daughter to use. Nothing special, and eBay seemed the place to go. many 512MB sticks of PC2-4200 for under $40, which seemed fair to me.

So I bid on some Corsair stuff at $25... LINK. And I am immediately outbid and the bidding gets high quickly. I start looking elsewhere, as it seems fishy that the same guy is bumping up the bidding on this stuff and the price is now just too high.

Pricegrabber shows this stuff new only costs $52 and this auction was at $51, hours before it ended!

Then the good stuff happens! The seller contacts me after I am outbid, but while the auction is still running...

Them:

Quote:
i will sell u 2X512 for 125 free shipping the deal is up to u

I immediately realize that deal sucks, as I can get a pair of the same stuff (even though I only want one stick) for under $120 shipped from mWave. I also think it is against the TOS to offer things on the side at eBay, but let that go as I am unsure. But, I write back anyway...

Me:

Quote:
no thanks... but congrats to you if you get that! That is more than retail on these modules!

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=3270467/sort_type=bottomline

Nice enough, right? No problem in my mind. And then they write back with some attitude...

Them:

Quote:
no the ddr2 sell 80 brand new i m not let it go for cheap so whatever when there not even a few month old thanks anyways not everyone looks for something for nothing

So, I just can't let it go...

Me:

Quote:
Like I said, congrats to you if you can get that. I linked you to proof that many stores have those exact part numbers for just over $50 each. I don't want something for nothing, but just pointed out that you are asking for more than retail. If you overpaid at $80 each, that is too bad.

Good luck!

No response yet, and the auction is over. If I do get a response, I am interested to see how big of an Censored they are. Is it something I can go to eBay about? I'd love to make some trouble today!

Banana Evil Banana Carrot Pepper

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved