Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Creative Soundblaster X-fI Platinum Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 00:30:15    Post Subject: Creative Soundblaster X-fI Platinum Problems Reply with quote View Single Post

Hello everyone, yes i do still drop by occasionally Razz this time i need help.. (Hi Doc) Wave

I just bought a creative X-Fi plat which comes with the remote and drive bay

Now I've installed the sound card, connected the ribbon cable, and connected the floppy power connector to the Drive I/O box

Problem 1: The remote does not work. I am not sure if the remote is supposed to light up when buttons are depressed, but i read that on the I/O a light should blink when it detects a remote signal, i also went to configure it in Creative Entertainment Settings, and it said "Could not detect working IR receiver"

Problem 2: The Digital In/Out on the front of the I/O panel, when the power is on, should is see a red optical light coming out of both the in and out ports? I only see a optical light on the out port

I bought this from best buy, it was open box, i got a good deal, so that's why i need to know, if its busted i'll just go return it.

Thanks

Dr_P

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 00:31:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hola... I don't have much help on the optical issue, but umm, how is the battery in the remote? Grin
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 00:48:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lol.. that's the first thing i thought of... i pulled out the trusty volt meter, and batteries are A ok..

I'm going to uninstall every driver and app, and retry.. i hope it works.. i really don't want to go back and get hassled by the BB guys

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:58:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

the remote doesnt light up or anything i have the same card.... the remote doesnt really do much unless youre playing videos or something via the software that came on the disk. i really only use the 4 trackwheels at the top of the remote on mine just to adjust the eax controls and such but once those are toned in theres really no need for it.....

to use any of that though make sure you have the programs for them running in the background that came on the disk....

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 09:35:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks fox, i reinstalled all the drivers and software, replugged card and i/o box.. it seems to be working fine now.

Im dissappointed in the remote though, i expected more from it

My Asus remote with the P5W DH does more!

cant really complain i guess i got the card for 99 canadian Grin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: