Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
grrr more issues when booting up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:20:25    Post Subject: grrr more issues when booting up Reply with quote View Single Post

alright so after the hdd issues im having more fun... last night im downloading some new backgrounds i have quite a few uploading at the same time when my system gives me a blue screen and reboots. I'm thinking fine itll happen time to time but when it boots it gets to where windows fully loads and i click on the profile but before that comes up it blue screens again and reboots. bios seemed fine and it gets to the windows loading screen but before the profiles load is when it dies....

i changed out my cpu to another one that i was too lazy to upgrade to, changed out the ram and its a new psu so im thinking maybe my graphics card went bad or my mobo died or something? any thoughts?

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:27:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

see if safe mode can boot into windows (F8 on startup). if you have a choice on login, try your login...if it BSODs again, try administrator login on safe mode.

Let us know!
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:46:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sorry i tried that and didnt mention it... still nothing... was right before it logged on and died again.

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:00:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

allllright..... s o i went and got the windows disk loaded it up and set it to do a repair thinking it just restored windows but i didnt know it actually tries to load windows in the process..... so heres the fun part.... its trying to load windows but it crashes right before i click a user profile (screen doesnt load but mouse comes up) and it reboots.... now im stuck in some endless cycle where i cant change the option for windows so anytime i restart the system it keeps trying to repair it when i dont wanna do that anymore lol.... ive pulled the power on it, have taken out the battery on the mobo and its still coming up to that window.... i fubared and really need help now lawl.....

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:24:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

do you have a spare hard drive you could do a fresh install on?

I would try that.
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:16:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i might have a spare one.... id a ide one if it is Sad

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 02:30:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

plugged it in again today and the restore thing was trying to do its thing so i repaired windows this time since it was fresh so i didnt lose a folder that had years worth of pictures and such on it..... so in otherwords... it works now lol

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:38:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

good to hear you didn't lose anything...might be a good idea to get an external hard drive for data backup. I saw one on buy.com for $40 after MIR...120GB if I remember right.
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:35:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yea i might have too.... i backed it up on my other drive so its 2 places now so hopefully im fine for now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: