Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
RedPower In Dash Radio/ DVD/ CD/ MP3 with 3.5 Inch TFT
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 06:33:22    Post Subject: RedPower In Dash Radio/ DVD/ CD/ MP3 with 3.5 Inch TFT Reply with quote View Single Post

The RedPower In Dash Radio/DVD/CD/MP3 Player is almost a product to get really excited about. MP3 playback from your choice of SD/MMC cards, USB flash drives, or CD is not only very convenient, but sounds great. DVD functionality is also a strong point, as you are provided features like a player designed for the home. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:24:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

And if anyone is a Digg'er... This has a few bumps so far...

http://digg.com/gadgets/In_Dash_Entertainment_Center_Under_200

Grin
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:22:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That looks exactly what I've been looking for. an all -in-one package.
stimpy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:41:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just installed my DVD 990 from Geeks.com over the weekend. So far, so good. I don't have the same complaint about FM reception since I live in an area where all the radio stations are in Spanish anyway. I did note the complaint about seperate bass and treble controls. The unit DOES have seperate bass and treble controls accessed by tapping the volume knob, but the EQ must be OFF for them to work.

If anybody knows how to change the DVD splash screen, however, I would be very interested in how to do that. My screen has some Portugese writing on it, and I'd rather have a nice photographic image.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:31:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi - welcome aboard. I appreciate the tip on the bass and treble controls! I will have to try that if I ever re-install this! Laughing (I sold the car it was in, but kept the radio). And get this, the manufacturer apparently doesn't even know about that... They suggested that I just turn the "loud" button to off! Grin
tronixinc
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 05:25:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the review man. Am starting to wonder if the player does really have a TV tuner as said on geeks.com.U failed to say a word on that.
Thanks
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 06:24:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - the TV tuner is for TV audio as far as I could figure. The antenna actually involves two unique plugs, as seen in this picture... LINK

See the lead with the blue label marked "TV". I didn't know what to connect to it, and pulled in no signal without an antenna.

There is a mode I could access where it lets you tune through over the air TV, but I never got a picture or audio, but it went untested really...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dogga-20v-turbo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:42:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font][B][color=blue] [/color]
HI. DO YOU KNOW HOW THE TV TUNER WORKS ON THE DVD PLAYER? DO I NED TO BUY AN ADITTIONAL ARIAL OR TUNER CARD?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:18:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Like I said... Didn't really test the TV tuner. I assume it tunes TV audio, but I can't find any information to support that. There are two plugs for the TV antenna connection, and I don't know what to connect there. Turning the device to TV mode pulls in nothing but a blue screen with frequencies on screen for the channel it is trying to find.
gobanjoboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 02:48:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I ordered the Red Power In Dash Radio/DVD/CD/MP3/MP4 Player from geeks.com. They sent me the Explosound In-Dash DVD/AM/FM/MP3/MP4 Player. I got it installed. Seems to be the same as the Red Power. The TV tuner is for both video and audio. It would be my guess that whoever installed your deck hooked it up to the emergency brake sensor. I believe that if your brake is not on the video won't work.

QUOTE FROM GEEKS.COM - http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=990DVD-4
"WARNING: In most states it is illegal to have a video monitor operating in plain sight of the driver while the vehicle is in motion. Many manufacturers include a wire in the monitor that must be attached either to the emergency brake or to the gear selector sensor. In this case, the in-dash monitor will not operate unless the vehicle is stopped and the emergency brake is applied. Whether or not such a wire is included, we strongly recommend that the vehicle not be operated with the in-dash monitor in use."

Last edited by gobanjoboy on Thu, 02 Nov 2006 17:27:08; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: