Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
They make me laugh
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 21:43:07    Post Subject: They make me laugh Reply with quote View Single Post

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 03:34:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup Dr. evilcheeze, the voices in my head were telling me this a long time ago

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
ZhengHe2
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:48:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You know while all of this is true to one degree or another you have to realize that the nature of psychiatry is not concrete. You don't chop off someone's leg to make them feel better and any legitimate psychologist will tell you that by the same token while anti-depressants artificially stimulate your emotions for a time they don't do anything in the long wrong. So what it comes to is that psychiatry is therapy and the only true psychology tries ot work through the mental turmoil of an individual, and try to make sense of it. That really makes the profession a group of trained mentors, and yet how invaluable is a mentor when you right down to it. Thats not to mention that this video obviously only considers the bad aspects of psychiology as opposed ot the good, which in my opinion means no or extremely limited use of drugs along with long progressed therapy with someone who knows what he's doing and the patient feels comfortable with. As for all these "anti-depressants" like Ridalin, they are really aggravating the problem, but at the same time making psychologists a lot of money for doing nothing. In this way its easy to see why so many psychologists take that route, though it is immoral in many contexts, but to discount all of psychology as a flight of fancy which produces no real beneficial results.....well thats just unfair. Why then politicians spend so much time studying human behavior if it wasn't important. So, I view this piece as a nice piece of propaganda, keynoted by some crooked psychiatrists but nothing more besides that.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 22:12:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

From my experience... they are the majority of Psychologist. I know someone who wanted to talk to someone about some problems. When they went in to see a Psychologist all he did was hand the person a prescription for drugs.

So... while it's not all, from my experience of talking with people who have gone... that's all they are. Drug dealers.

Drugs to kids, drugs to teen's, drugs to adults. Instead of teaching people to deal with problems we drug'm. Nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: