Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: They make me laugh 
ZhengHe2
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:48:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote

You know while all of this is true to one degree or another you have to realize that the nature of psychiatry is not concrete. You don't chop off someone's leg to make them feel better and any legitimate psychologist will tell you that by the same token while anti-depressants artificially stimulate your emotions for a time they don't do anything in the long wrong. So what it comes to is that psychiatry is therapy and the only true psychology tries ot work through the mental turmoil of an individual, and try to make sense of it. That really makes the profession a group of trained mentors, and yet how invaluable is a mentor when you right down to it. Thats not to mention that this video obviously only considers the bad aspects of psychiology as opposed ot the good, which in my opinion means no or extremely limited use of drugs along with long progressed therapy with someone who knows what he's doing and the patient feels comfortable with. As for all these "anti-depressants" like Ridalin, they are really aggravating the problem, but at the same time making psychologists a lot of money for doing nothing. In this way its easy to see why so many psychologists take that route, though it is immoral in many contexts, but to discount all of psychology as a flight of fancy which produces no real beneficial results.....well thats just unfair. Why then politicians spend so much time studying human behavior if it wasn't important. So, I view this piece as a nice piece of propaganda, keynoted by some crooked psychiatrists but nothing more besides that.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved