Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cooler Master NotePal P1 Notebook Cooler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 06:36:52    Post Subject: Cooler Master NotePal P1 Notebook Cooler Reply with quote View Single Post

The Cooler Master NotePal P1 Notebook Cooler is an attractive device that provides an ergonomic setup when used with your notebook computer. I could type comfortably for longer without feeling like I had to take a break. The problem is that its primary function is to cool, and it leaves something to be desired in that department. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

grunze
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:03:34    Post Subject: Hiyatek HY-CF-6157-01 notebook cooler Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason..........If you still can, would you mind using the Speed Fan software to see what happens to the internal temps? I was all set to buy the Cooler Master NotePal P1 notebook cooler until I ran across a review that said that the bottom of the computer was cooled off but the internal temps hadn't changed. I note that the Hiyatek is putting out 2500 cfm's per fan whereas the CoolerMaster put out 1500.

Actually this whole issue of cooling notebooks is a bit frustrating. No one has done a comparison review of multiple coolers and many haven't even measured temps. At least you have taken temp measurements and acknowledged the change occurring with the computers own fan.

Thanks.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:45:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi!

Speed Fan was only detecting my HDD temp, so that is why I only reported that data. But, along the lines of what you said... The outside of the laptop was getting a bit cooler while the internals weren't at all, which doesn't do much for me really, since it never goes on my lap. In this review you see the surface temperature drop several degrees while the HDD didn't change at all.

I read a funny review of this cooler today on another site... The guy put the laptop on his lap, and noted that it made him hot... He then put the laptop on the NotePal P1 on his lap, and was quite impressed when his lap didn't get hot! Laughing - OMG, why spend $30, if that is all you want... A phone book will do the same thing for you... FOR FREE! Grin

I hope to keep reviewing notebook coolers, but it didn't start out that way and a round up wasn't a thought. There will be a new Hiyatek review soon, as well as one from VIZO (I hope).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: