Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lenovo Notebooks
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:41:56    Post Subject: Lenovo Notebooks Reply with quote View Single Post

It looks like IBM is outsourcing their laptop production to Lenovo. Does anyone have any experience with any Lenovo product? Read any reviews?

I ask because I'm supposed to send out bids soon to purchase 30 new laptops and I need to know if it's worth my time sending a bid request to them as well.

Thanks!

LaTech

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:03:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was looking into IBM/Lenovo Laptops a few months back. From what I understand IBM Thinkpad was changed/bought by Lenovo. I think the Thinkpads are still like they were with IBM and the laptops that say Lenovo are modeled toward the home users.

If I had my say over laptops for businesses I would choose IBM Thinkpads over Dell anyday. Consumer Reports them one of the top three overall. IBM, Sony, Toshiba had the best hardware/customer support/etc. Dell had horrible customer support as you would expect if you ever had the privledge of calling them.

Must post some pictures and let us know how Thinkpads are if you decide to get them! Grin
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:37:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IBM Sold their notebook/PC business to Lenovo. A Chineese company. Just like they sold their HDD busienss to Hatachi.

I belive IBM is still helping in the engineering, or doing it all. Don't know the full details of that.

Honestly... I'd go Dell (and I don't like Dell) over Lenovo. I'd even go HP over Lenovo (and I don't like them either... Used to like Compaq, and HP... but not the new HP Super Borg).
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:44:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

We had IBM/Lenovo in the past, and I love them, never had issues with them (even had some where the @)#*$&@ user dropped them and cracked the shell). Continue to work just fine.

Now we've switched to Dells, and have all kinds of issues with them. Sometimes they just don't boot up, have to pull battery out to reset it, and many keyboards ahve gone bad.

Don't even get me started on the Dell desktops we WERE using in the last round of hardware replacements.

Needless to say, we've gone from IBM to Dell. Now I heard we've switched to HP laptops (due to start rolling those out this month).

BTW, We have probably 10-15K laptop users in the company.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:00:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Honestly... I'd go Dell (and I don't like Dell) over Lenovo. I'd even go HP over Lenovo (and I don't like them either... Used to like Compaq, and HP... but not the new HP Super Borg).

List some reasons why you prefer Dell and HP over Lenovo/IBM
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 01:04:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i never buy a new hp laptop in life again there crap !
old IBM were great . dont know about the new ones do .

own Gateway laptop and love it .
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 08:59:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

List some reasons why you prefer Dell and HP over Lenovo/IBM

Support... I honestly don't know how the support is going to be with Lenovo. My best guess by seeing what IBM is doing, and the support my wife gets through IBM/Lenovo (she works for IBM so has an IBM laptop) is... less than stellar.

Dell depends, if you buy consumer stuff you're going to get Indian support, however if you buy business stuff you'll get US based support.

Another reason is... well.... I don't trust the Chinese government. I in my ultra paranoid world think it's very possible for Lenovo to build some sort of back door into their systems that can either be remotely access or information can be sent . Yes, it's a bit... strange, but when you see and read the stuff about the real world like I do... You get this way. (Corporate espionage is one of China's biggest things to do right now)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:09:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cheezy, has anyone ever told you that you remind them of Dale off of "King of the Hill" -FOX?
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:27:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL!
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 11:07:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
Cheezy, has anyone ever told you that you remind them of Dale off of "King of the Hill" -FOX?

LOL. No... but...

You'd actually be suprised who our real enemies & friends are. They may not be whom you think they are.

And yes.... I am paranoid becasue they are out to get us Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: