Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Lenovo Notebooks 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 08:59:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Modulok wrote:
Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Honestly... I'd go Dell (and I don't like Dell) over Lenovo. I'd even go HP over Lenovo (and I don't like them either... Used to like Compaq, and HP... but not the new HP Super Borg).

List some reasons why you prefer Dell and HP over Lenovo/IBM

Support... I honestly don't know how the support is going to be with Lenovo. My best guess by seeing what IBM is doing, and the support my wife gets through IBM/Lenovo (she works for IBM so has an IBM laptop) is... less than stellar.

Dell depends, if you buy consumer stuff you're going to get Indian support, however if you buy business stuff you'll get US based support.

Another reason is... well.... I don't trust the Chinese government. I in my ultra paranoid world think it's very possible for Lenovo to build some sort of back door into their systems that can either be remotely access or information can be sent . Yes, it's a bit... strange, but when you see and read the stuff about the real world like I do... You get this way. (Corporate espionage is one of China's biggest things to do right now)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved