Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Computer Freezes
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:08:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My second system did virtually the same thing to me last week. I had to pull out a crapload of spare parts for testing and it was, unfortunately, the motherboard.

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:09:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Be sure to go here: http://www.bigbruin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=467

As I prepare to spend more money I don't have... Laughing
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:26:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There are many ways to try and recover from Bios death. The Nforce chipset will bootstrap to the floppy if no video card is installed. This will allow you to flash a completely dead bios. Take everything off the board except the floppy, CPU and memory, insert a floppy with AWDFLASH and the bios file, then turn on, watch the floppy light, when it goes out, reboot. IF the floppy light doesn't come on at all, then you will need to manually reflash. (Unless you secretly WANT it to be dead so you can get something new!!!)

I will do my research again and find all the information, (I threw it all out when I got the Bios Savior) If you know anyone with an A7N8X DELUXE, then you can do a hotflash, use their chip to boot, leave machine running, insert your chip, reflash it, and away you go!!!

If for any reason you don't want to muck with it, pack your Bios chip up, send it my way, and I'll reflash it on the Savior. OR, send the whole board, I'll flash and send it right back.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:12:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't know about recovering from BIOS death here... If it is the data in the BIOS that is bad, it should have been fixed when I flashed it Tuesday... But it kept doing it. If its the physical BIOS chip that is bad, flashing it won't solve anything, right?

I ordered that Shuttle nForce2 Ultra 400 board... I don't play games any more, and just need something solid to hold me over until I feel like spending the $ on a P4...
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:57:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ya know what? I didn't catch the part about the fact that you could flash. Guess I just wore out a keyboard for nuttin!!!! Grin Grin Grin
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:08:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

New board is here and everything is back to normal!! Cool

The GeiL DDR was acting flaky, so now I'm on some Crucial I just got. Wonder if the ram is bad... Confused
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:26:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have some GeIL DDR (3200) and haven't had any probs. If I do I'll post it here... It'd be nice to know if this new brand is actually flaky.

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:32:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is the new board gonna get a review???
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:00:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll review the board eventually. I'm not sure anyone would care though. It's a nice motherboard, and really cheap... but I'm still using a 133 MHz fsb'ed cpu... Not really testing the limits of a board that can go up to 200 MHz fsb (and more for oc'ing).
lionking06
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 03:55:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hi,

Windows XP SP2 Freezes only on resume from / turn off / hiber or / suspend. but after freeze a reset makes it work for hours and hours never freezes

After a lot of troubleshooting i have conculded this problem:

I have been using old computer which never use to shut down power automatically, with windows XP for years now, but recently I got a new computer which completely shuts itself down after - Hibernation or Suspend or TurnOff.

Only when I turn back on after all this, (hib, stand,turn off) ,my computer hangs in a few seconds even if no program is running, at 1st i assumed it was memory or vid card or chip or whever, but thats not the case.

When my computer hangs for the 1st time..i press reset, and then it runs stable for hours and hours. with loads of programs running at the same time.

This means mem is fine, vid is fine all hardware is fine, but only that the comp is not accepting the fact that it has resumed from a auto shut power down.

The bios is showing "s1", "s3", and "s1&s3",
I have tried all modes. currently on S3.

I installed hotfixes:
KB911567
KB918766
KB889673

I have also turned off "allow usb devices to turn off for power save"

I have also turned of DEP (data exxcutive prevention)

I dont know, how to repair this ?
I am frustrated I spent 700$s for a new computer, and nothing seems to work. (I assembled this PC).

Here is my PC config:
Motherboard (1)
====================
- ECS C19-A SLI (1.0A)

VideoCard (1)
====================
PNY Geforce 7600GT 256 MB - SLI - with heatsink n fan

Memory
2GB (2x1GB)
====================
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F2-4200PHU2-2GBNV - Retail

Processor
====================
IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® 4 processor 631 - 3.0 GHz, FSB 800MHz / 2MB L2 Cache (retail) - with heatsink n fan

HardDisk
====================
320GB Capacity, 3.5" Internal, 16 MB Buffer, 7200 rpm Spindle speed, 300 MBps Data transfer rate, SATA 3Gb/s Interface

No heating issue, i keep a check on that via software:
Fans in my computer:
- 1 HDD fan which fits below
- 1 (3 fans in one front bay - for hdd) but i have fixed this right next to GPU video card
- 2 Case fans
- 1 Mobo fan which is on the motherboard
- 2 PSU fans
- I CPU FAN with heatsink (came along with the CPU)
- 1 GPU video card fan with heatsink (came attached to the vid card)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: