Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Gouging Confirmed...
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:33:17    Post Subject: Gouging Confirmed... Reply with quote View Single Post

Seriously - why are we paying $3+ /gallon? Oh, for massive profits to the oil companies. I wish I could just stop using gasoline all together!

foxnews.com

Quote:
Exxon, the world's largest public oil company, saw net income for the second quarter climb 35 percent to $10.36 billion, a near-record quarterly profit for a publicly traded U.S. company. Shell posted profit of more than $6 billion, a 36 percent gain.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:49:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I say we start shooting oil CEO/Exec's..
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:29:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Another group that is gouging us on gas...our very own US government

18 cents per gallon federal plus See how much your state charges in taxes.
http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp

Montana comes in at 28 cents per gallon.

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:31:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

23 in MD....ouch!

31....sucks to be in PA, eh Knight?

I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:49:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

20 for me.... not too bad... i never worry about gas prices though to be honest if its 3 bux fine by me, if its 3.25, still not caring..... its only another 3.50 when i fill up and i fill about to times a month its only like another $80 a year

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:57:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That explains a lot, doesn't it Asylum!
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:59:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LaTech wrote:
That explains a lot, doesn't it Asylum!

A bigger picture:

Lets say Crude oil is $74 a barrel thats 42 gallons per barrel. It also cost the refineries about $5 per barrel to refine the crude oil, depending on efficiency and labor etc. So $79 a barrel for 42 gallons is $1.88 a gallon (depending on what they get out of it, gasoline, diesel, propane, etc.).

Add in taxes at about $0.45 a gallon (state and federal) plus the gas station has to make their $.05, and we're up to $2.38 a gallonShipping fees, its got to get from the refinery to the gas station, usually a truck, not sure of the cost.

The Crude Oil is where we are being gouged not at the pump. The taxes are high and the refineries are in it to make money but the $74 a barrel is what hurts.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:00:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:
23 in MD....ouch!

31....sucks to be in PA, eh Knight?

Yeah.. but believe it or not, gas is still cheaper then many of the neighboring states with lower taxes.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:13:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry guys... @ 10.3 BILLION dollars in profit in 3 months, so it's means that they are earning in PROFIT $1,318 a second.

They are the ones profiting the most. It has not gotten harder to refine oil, and they are NOT putting more money into R&D. They are simply getting rich. At least from the oil sellers, their costs of getting the oil is going up. But they are still making a ton of money.

As for the taxes? We pay the lowest taxes on gas than any other country. While it sucks, and is a small part of the problem, the biggest part is the $1,318 a second in profit that the oil companies are making.
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:26:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can't disagree with you Cheeze. The profit margins is too high in all directions. That $1300 a second you speak of is from only one of several refining giants.

In actuality I shouldn't complain at all, I'm in one of the lowest cost areas in the country now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: