Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Gouging Confirmed...
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:29:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If it weren't for gas stations being mostly private franchises or family owned, I'd believe gas drive-offs to be self-defense.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:54:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Asylum wrote:
Another group that is gouging us on gas...our very own US government

18 cents per gallon federal plus See how much your state charges in taxes.
http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp

Montana comes in at 28 cents per gallon.

That chart is way out of date Washington is now at $0.34/gal +18.4 for the feds =$52.4/gal
this one is somwhat more up to date
http://www.taxadmin.org/FTA/rate/motor_fl.html

but the gas tax actually goes to fixing and adding roads (in a somewhat inefficent manner) so I don't mind paying that increase
HOWEVER, all the gas and oil in washington comes from alaska and is refined here in existing refineries, so the oil + refining cost should only be 10% (allowing generously for inflation, and upgrades) above the $1.40/gal it was 2.5 years ago.
so when the chairman sez
"Chief Executive Jeroen van der Veer said in a statement the earnings were "underpinned by overall good operational performance and not simply high energy prices."

Still, the main reason for the increase was higher oil prices, with earnings at Shell's oil exploration and production arm leaping to $4.0 billion from $2.75 billion, despite an 8 percent drop in production to 3.25 million barrels a day."

I scream BS! sold less product at a higher price and made more money~and it's not "not simply high energy prices."???
Do these guys read and understand their own reports? do they think they are fooling ANYBODY?
martz
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:38:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

oh but it could be so much worse.....

The included image shows what i'm paying atm ...and yes folks, thats per litre

so lets do the maths here .......

av 99.1 x4.52l = £4.48 per gallon

which at today's exchange rate is : $8.36 USD

and.... we also pay a hefty road tax on top of that (for half assed fixing and creation of roads) .... currently £190 a year for a mid-sized car.

plus, i drive a diesel vehicle because it's more fuel efficient, and i get to pay even more per gall as a result.

aren't i lucky ?

petrol.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.9 KB
 Viewed:  233 Time(s)

petrol.jpg

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:32:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ya know Martz, you can have a Tea Party too like we had about 230+ years ago. lol

That should help on your taxes some... but it might be a good idea to NOT throw your oil/gas into the sea like we did the tea.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:15:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

one more reason to stay home and have a few pints
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:57:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yet people will pay 1.00 fora 16 oz bottle of water ($8.00 a gallon) and 4.00 for a Starbucks Coffee ($32.00 a gallon)...

Go figure...

Gasoline prices have inflated slower than milk in the last 50 years.

If you only needed a gallon a week of gas, but needed 30 gallons of milk a week, folks would be screaming at the cows and farmers.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:59:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
Yet people will pay 1.00 fora 16 oz bottle of water ($8.00 a gallon) and 4.00 for a Starbucks Coffee ($32.00 a gallon)...

Go figure...

Gasoline prices have inflated slower than milk in the last 50 years.

If you only needed a gallon a week of gas, but needed 30 gallons of milk a week, folks would be screaming at the cows and farmers.

I don't buy the bottled water cause... we'l it stupid. Starbucks, only when I have too. And still... it's stupid.

Milk... I HAVE to dip my oreo's in something!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 00:27:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

We pay the same as you,, but your fuel is a better quality, you get about 2mpg more Razz

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 07:15:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm still confused on the oil issue.. I was told by all those bunny & tree hugging peace lovers that the only reason we were going to war with Iraq and Afghanistan was to have free or cheap oil..

....hmmm sure blows their story out of the water.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:45:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

only the Iraqis have cheap oil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: