Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
ECS Elitegroup C19-A SLI Pentium 4 Motherboard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:10:19    Post Subject: ECS Elitegroup C19-A SLI Pentium 4 Motherboard Reply with quote View Single Post

The ECS Elitegroup C19-A SLI offers solid features for anyone looking to build a gaming system around an Intel processor... With Intel gaining ground in the gaming market with its dual core CPUs, coupling that processing power with the graphical processing power of an SLI setup makes boards like the C19-A SLI quite appealing. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

lionking06
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:19:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi

Thank you very much for this info. I apprecieate.

I just bought this motherboadr, and all other new hardware.
I am not new to hardware, but seems like i have not done this for 6 years now.

Please can you guide me, and ans a few Q's and let me know of other things i should be aware, before i start assembling.

========================================
What I bought:-

Motherboard (1)
====================
- ECS C19-A SLI (1.0A)

VideoCard (1)
====================
PNY Geforce 7600GT 256 MB - SLI - with heatsink n fan

Memory
2GB (2x1GB)
====================
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F2-4200PHU2-2GBNV - Retail

Processor
====================
IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® 4 processor 631 - 3.0 GHz, FSB 800MHz / 2MB L2 Cache (retail) - with heatsink n fan

HardDisk
====================
320GB Capacity, 3.5" Internal, 16 MB Buffer, 7200 rpm Spindle speed, 300 MBps Data transfer rate, SATA 3Gb/s Interface

====================
My Q's
===================

- What power supply is idle (450v 420v, 550v, etc) ? I dont intend to use 2 PICe cards, but I may buy in future.

- The powersupply type is ther any, like i read ATX v2.0 or anything else about this?

- Will i be able to plug in the wires for HDD led / internal speaker / internal usb on the cabinet ? - Is that easy?

- Do I need to give extra power to the single video card? or only when I have 2 video cards.

- Anything else I would require ?

========================
Most important-

There are too many options and numbers in the BIOS, I would 100% need help to configure those.

You have the list of hardware above, please let me know what to set. Also I am satisfied with normal settings, i dont need to burnout my computer so no OVERCLOCKING, just let me know the basic settings.

Today is THU 22nd June 2006, I will going for the BOX n Power stupply on SAT.

Thank you for all your help
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:18:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, and welcome! The first thing on PSUs, especially with a good system like you built is to not go cheap. Be prepared to spend $100+... That said, we have reviewed a bunch lately that may be good for you...

http://www.bigbruin.com/cat_34

Cooler Master, Thermaltake, OCZ, and Seasonic, Enermax are all brands with good quality, wide availability, and decent prices.

I'd suggest 500W or more, and look for strong voltage rails, and maybe APFC and high efficiency.

You should be able to give the one video card the power connection it needs, but if you can swing it, gte a PSU ready to power two graphics cards in case you change your mind. On this motherboard, power is fed into the board near the cards, but some cards may require power separately.

I wouldn't sweat the ATX 2.0 thing, as all you would consider have it.

The connections question will be easy to handle with most PSUs. Just count up the connectors and see if it equals or exeeds what you need. You can daisy chain connectors, but keep the max power rating in mind when adding more things than there are plugs for.

BIOS questions might have to be more specific? What are you trying to do?

Wave

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:43:32; edited 1 time in total
lionking06
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 14:38:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi

Thank you very much.

I bought 500W power supply.

+5v & +3.3v combined 230w max. + 5v & +3.3v & +12v combined 422w max. Total output = 500w max.

==============

Question:

1. Is the power supply correct, for above config?

=========================
2. I have only 1 video card, (read above), should I give the video card power thru the motherboard ATX4P1 power supply, is it required?

3. Should I plug in power to ATX12V1 Aux power on the motherboard, is that required?

4. My computer was getting hot, I have now
- 1 HDD fav which fits below
- 1 (3fans in one front bay - for hdd) but i have fixed this right next to GPU video card since it was getting hot.
- 2 Case fans
- 1 Mobo fan which is on the motherboard
- 2 PSU fans
- I CPU FAN with heatsink (came along with the CPU)
1 GPU video card fan with heatsink (came attached to the vid card)

Is this all correct?
I had got the SLOT fan for GPU but that was manking too much noise, and was not effective.

Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Motherboards All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: