Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake Rhythm Water Pump Replacement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:31:38    Post Subject: Thermaltake Rhythm Water Pump Replacement Reply with quote View Single Post

Would anyone happen to know of a replacement water pump for the Thermaltake Rhythm watercooling system? The current pump handles 84L and I would like a pump with a higher flow rate. I have contacted Thermaltake and they have stated they do not have a replacement pump and I could find one online. Thank you for your assistance.
Cowboy
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:55:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Cowboy, welcome!

I did some digging and I found a really tiny Swiftech Pump that can do 92.4 GPH:

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-pmp-31.html

Here is another small one that does 134GPH:

http://www.jab-tech.com/Dangerden-CSP-MAG-12v-DC-Pump-pr-3057.html

I haven't measured to see how big you can get and have it fit, but it is a fairly tight space. How much flow are you looking for?

And maybe, why? You adding more blocks to the kit?
Cowboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:27:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. The answer to your question is yes. I've added a zalman northbridge water block and a Thermaltake AquaBay M1 unit. Those units plus the additional tubing now hold 500ml of coolant and I feel that by increasing the flow rate past the 2 120mm fans will cool the liquid down faster. This setup has shown a remarkable decrease in the temps as compared to the cpu and northbridge fan setup I had. It is unbelievable how hot the P4 chip runs. Also, where in NJ are you? I'm originally from NJ(131 GSP area).
Cowboy
BEBOP
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 20:57:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey Cowboy,
I am in the same boat. Have been looking at the bigwater add on radiator or the aquagate and thinking about the pump. Big Bruin's rec on the Swiftech MCP-350 is the only one I see that will fit in the rhythm. It is much higher output though and I am skeptical of the hoses and clamps holding on for the 360 lph versus the 84 the RHythm comes with. I would put 4 screw down clamps on the block and internal hose connections as a precaution. Curious if the aquagate got you any temp reductions? I tried some 115 CFM fans on the main radiator as a test and got a measily 1 degree C reduction!!!?? Bang Head Laughing
Cowboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 08:32:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I agree with adding screw on clamps. In fact, when I added the Northbride waterblock I put them. I've invested way too much time and money in building my system to have it destroyed by a watercooling gremlin. I seriously doubt there would be a significant decrease in temps when comparing the two waterblocks. There are alot of factors that impact the amount of temperature reduction you will get. For example, tubing. Temperature reduction with non insulated tubing will not be as great as the insulated, and some people will argue that by using non insulated tubing you actually reduce the overall system temperature. My question would be, what are you trying to cool, the cpu or the air in the case? What I've seen so far is a 10 degree C reduction at idle and greater than that at load. I would highly recommend switching to watercooling especially if you're looking to reducing the noise pollution. There is a downside to not having a CPU fan though. Without it, the PWM temps will rise and possibly have an impact on performance. Fortunately for me with the Enermax Maxflow case I have there is a rear 120mm fan that is located right next to that area and can be reversed to move air across it. Truth be told, this Rhythm unit is silent, even with the 2-120mm fans and overall I have been pleased with it's performance, even with 84lph pump.
BEBOP
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:23:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doh,

I've been reading too much watercooling stufff. I meant I'm considering the Aqua Bay which you added or the Big Water radiator, which I would add externally. WOuldn't touch an Aquagate. Too much noise for too little performance.
I also have had good luck with this Rhythm really. It matched what I was getting with an XP-90C and massive air movement and noise. Now all is quiet! Just looking for a little cooler running. Did that Aqua Bay help??
Can't decide if the pump replacement or add ing another radiator will be worth it!??? Confused
Cowboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:50:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BEBOP,
I can relate regarding reading too much about the watercooling stuff. Information overload. The addition of the AquaBay unit did not affect the temperature. I'm leaning towards replacing the pump to help lower the temps more and I've also come up with a coolant mixture (antifreeze and distilled water) to test out next time I replace the fluid.
Regards,
Cowboy
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: