Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Thermaltake Rhythm Water Pump Replacement 
Cowboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 08:32:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I agree with adding screw on clamps. In fact, when I added the Northbride waterblock I put them. I've invested way too much time and money in building my system to have it destroyed by a watercooling gremlin. I seriously doubt there would be a significant decrease in temps when comparing the two waterblocks. There are alot of factors that impact the amount of temperature reduction you will get. For example, tubing. Temperature reduction with non insulated tubing will not be as great as the insulated, and some people will argue that by using non insulated tubing you actually reduce the overall system temperature. My question would be, what are you trying to cool, the cpu or the air in the case? What I've seen so far is a 10 degree C reduction at idle and greater than that at load. I would highly recommend switching to watercooling especially if you're looking to reducing the noise pollution. There is a downside to not having a CPU fan though. Without it, the PWM temps will rise and possibly have an impact on performance. Fortunately for me with the Enermax Maxflow case I have there is a rear 120mm fan that is located right next to that area and can be reversed to move air across it. Truth be told, this Rhythm unit is silent, even with the 2-120mm fans and overall I have been pleased with it's performance, even with 84lph pump.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved