Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Codegen Group Briza-97 Mid Tower ATX Case
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:52:33    Post Subject: Codegen Group Briza-97 Mid Tower ATX Case Reply with quote View Single Post

The Codegen Group Briza-97 Mid Tower ATX Case isn't one of the top of the line cases that we have looked at, but it does have alot going for it. At a mere $47.99, it offers a unique appearance, and interesting features like tool-less expansion slots, stylish carrying handles, LED cooling fans, and stealth optical drive covers. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:45:34; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

TheDawsonator
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:28:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hiya Folks,
I have recently built a PC gaming PC using this case. I myself use the previous version of the same case design.
I have to say that the review was 100% accurate in it's assessment.
I first used the Codegen style case about 2 years ago, the differences are slight, however the older, regardless of it's non-tool-less design, wins in my books.
It offers dual 80mm fans at the front as opposed to one on the Briza-97 and the metal used is a little less flimsy.
One thing I noticed that was not mentioned in the review was the 'Dust Factor' (ok ... correct me if I'm wrong) .... The dust catches do their jobs quite well .... in fact after a couple of months you can really see all the dust on the dust catches prompting a marathon effort to remove them, clean them, and put them back on. On my own case i have removed them completely, This does dust it all up a little more on the internals .... but a wee vacuum every few weeks when I play on hiding wiring is alot easier than cleaning and replacing all the filters.
Well I think that's about it from me.
Cheers and Beers
TheDawsonator
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:35:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi TheDawsonator... Wave

Thanks for the input! I plan to keep an eye on the dust, and was going to use 1 of 2 other methods for cleaning all the surfaces, as I assumed they would get clogged. I was either going to use canned air to blast it off from the inside, or I was going to run a vacuum over it with the brush attachment.

I currently vacuum another system in a Thermaltake Armor case about every two months... Just a quick pass over the front face clears it all up.

And thanks for the cheers and beers... I'll take a beer any day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: