Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
NFSU 2 Error
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:50:33    Post Subject: NFSU 2 Error Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I just got done installing Need for Speed Underground: 2. I've played it on my computer before my last reformate. Unfortunately this time I installed, it's not working. Everytime I go to run the program my screen flickers to black, then bounces me back into Windows with nothing other than an illegal operation message.

System Specs:
Geforce 4 mx440
512mb pc2100 (overclocked)
Athlon XP 2500+ Barton core (overclocked)
MSI K7N2 Delta-L mobo
Windows XP Pro SP1

Can't figure it out, at first I thought it would be a graphics driver problem. I've installed the latest drivers several times over though, to no avail. Can't figure out what would be causing this.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:48:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi-v8,

DirectX version?

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:50:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wording is from nvidia "Direct X 9 or better"

I upgraded that as well I believe.

On a side note, do you play counter-strike? You have the same name as a regular where I play.
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 06:19:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, that's me.

Interesting problem with your game, though...All you did is format? Any patches for the game?

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:48:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i have had that happen before i just reinstalled and it was all good...so try a reinstall of nfsu 2...
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:51:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Did you get the latest released Nvidia drivers? If so, go get the beta drivers, there is an issue with the current released drivers that is fixed in the beta.

The issue is causing havok with many newer games, so not sure if that's entirely related to your issue though.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:52:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Reinstalling nfsu2 didn't do anything, i've tried that several times. Someone suggested i stop overclocking, but I dont think that would matter much. I'll look into the beta drivers, but I think mine are as updated as they come. Version 7.7.7.2
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:53:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Alright I found the beta drivers, I'll try them out right now. Thanks for the tip.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:01:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
Did you get the latest released Nvidia drivers? If so, go get the beta drivers, there is an issue with the current released drivers that is fixed in the beta.

The issue is causing havok with many newer games, so not sure if that's entirely related to your issue though.

I love you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: