Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake Big Water 12cm Liquid Cooling System
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjdart
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:56:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

More feedback my Tt is still working great. Temps have crept up a bit with Florida temps rising but still about 7C cooler than with fan and no noise. I run the Tt radiator fan about 1900 rpm which is below max speed of 2400 rpm. Meaning I could improve performance but I want it quiet and it is. Very happy customer!!!

I did add a quiet 120 MM fan which pulls cool air in the lower front of the case and the Tt fan picks it up and blows it out through the radiator.

ASUS Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra
Seagate 80GB & Maxtor 120GB SATA Hard Drives
LiteOn 52x32x52x CD/RW & NEC 3520 16x DVD±R/W
Thermaltake Big Water Liquid Cooling System
uGURU 3rd Eye - ViewSonic 23" LCD
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Mystery
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:06:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hmm, maybe the wrong place to ask this question, but here goes.

I am planning on purchasing the bigwater, but i need to know how portable it is. As i visit lan partys quite often i am moving my computer, and i wanna make sure that there wont be any damage or malfunction to the system due to normal moving (laying the pc down on its side in a car for example).

Hope you guys can answer this.
Cheers!
Blood
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:59:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I move my bigwater system around all the time and i have yet to notice anything. If you are planning on moving it around use the special screw clamps, they hold it REALLY tight, the regular clamps are easier to pull off. its a great system.
Mystery
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:16:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, thanks for the answer, I only have to ask you one more question;

How much is the cooling performance affected by the room temperature? My room temperature can at summers reach 30c (86f).

I imagine that if you have your pc in a room with that temp for long, the temperature of the coolant will rise and thus affecting the cooling performance.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:28:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ambient room temp is going to effect both liquid and air cooling but in my experience it effects air cooled systems more than it does liquid cooled systems. The difference is not huge but does go in favor of liquid cooling.
didds
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:36:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi All,

Just built a new system consisting of the following,
Thermaltake Big Water Liquid Cooling System, TT Water Level Indicator, TT Temp Indicator, TT Flow indicator, Thermaltake Shark Case, Intel 3.73EE Processor, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GTX, Asus P5WD2-Premium Motherboard, 1Gig of DDR2 Memory, Hitachi 250gig SATA2 drive and my old Pioneer 107 DVD writer.

Now I have set up the machine with the radiator on the inside of the case and with one 120cm fan on the front for intake.

My concerns are about the temperature. At idle the Asus probe prog says CPU 50c, Motherboard is at 38c, Graphics Card at 51c and the water temp indicator says 38c.

Now if I run something like 3DMark05, the CPU 65c, Motherboard 40c, Graphics Card at 65c and the water temp gauge says 43c

The room temperature is between 22c - 25c.

Is this high or should I expect it this from a processor like this. If it is too high, what Suggestions do you have?

I have also got the Thermaltake VGA water block. Do you think it is worth putting this on? I was going to do it, but it seemed too much like hard work.

TIA
Didds
tquach
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:16:00    Post Subject: Liquid cooling Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi there guys. I just bought a Thermaltake Bigwater CL and i was wondering that if i ran out of the coolant, can i use the car's coolant to replace instead or is that dangerous?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:37:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm not an expert on this so don't take my word for it...

I've read that you CAN use car coolant, but make sure it's mixed properly. There are some that they are better to get because of less corosion or something like that.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:48:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Or just use distilled water to play it safe.
tquach
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:11:50    Post Subject: awesome Reply with quote View Single Post

thanks guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: