Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 CPU Cooler
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:37:28    Post Subject: Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 CPU Cooler Reply with quote View Single Post

The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 does a great job at cooling, and the only negative is also a plus for it. The unique fan design can't be replaced with another fan if it dies, but the design of it is also the reason for it being so quiet and efficient. With a 6-year warranty on the fan this becomes less of an issue. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Mon, 01 May 2006 22:49:10; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:34:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that looks freakin awesome. heatsink designs jsut get wakier and wakier but judging by the temps it got the wacky designs must work pretty well.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:40:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I felt the same way, when I first received it, I was questioning how well it would really work. But then after the cooling I got with the Vanessa, I really began to think it might do a good job. I wasn't expecting it to do anywhere near as well as it did.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:47:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hmm i was debating weather to get another thermalright or a zalman heatsink when i get my 64 but i might take the Scythe into consideration.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:40:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Freezer has replaced my long time ThermalTake SilentBoost 64.
FICo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:32:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I purchased this cooler on your recommendation. My standard AMD cooler had a duff fan which was getting noisy after 4 months. I am using an Athlon 64 3500+ with the older Newcastle core, which runs hotter then the newer ones. I am very pleased with this new cooler. At idle i get 40-42C and after some Call of Duty online, it peaked at 50C. My old standard cooler would hit 55-57C, and could idle as high as 50-52C. As I'm using an MSI Neo Platinum 2 main-board, the cooler mounts sideways with no problems. Oddly it seems to cool my graphics card, which idles at 60C as opposed to 72C with the AMD cooler. Not sure why this is the case, as the cooler fan aims forward towards my optical drives. Best of all, i cannot hear this cooler at all.
FICo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:59:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just a quick note to say that for some reason the idle tempreture is now over 50C, so its now no better then the old AMD cooler. Playing some mp3s, i hit 54C.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 06:46:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi FICo... welcome!

How long has the cooler been installed now? Any chance of it not being seated properly? Good thin coat of thermal paste? Has the room remperature changed?

I'm guessing you still have the benefit of silence, but maybe we can get the lower temperatures back, too... Grin
FICo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:01:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have an MSI Neo Platinum 2 board, which means the CPU socket, and cooler are 90 degrees clockwise from other AMD machines, which has ment i have had to turn my 120mm exhaust fan to fire air inward instead, as it was pulling air out, away from the Cooler's fan. Anyways, this solved the problem i had originally yesterday, where the temperature went really hot. I installed the cooler yesterday afternoon, and left it running till midnight, with low temperatures. I used Arctic Silver 5 paste, although on reflection, I may have used too much. All my temperature were with Cool n Quiet switched off. Before anyone has a go at me for this, Cool n Quiet doesn't help when blasting away on Counter Strike Source and Call of Duty, where the temperatures are higher then the stock AMD cooler. With Cool n Quite off, my idle temperatures on the stock cooler were 45C, they are now 50C or higher, and under load the stock cooler is better again. Yesterday though this wasn't the case.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:10:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Strange, mine runs much cooler than the stock AMD cooler.

Can you see what speed the fan is running at?

Since you can't install it with the fan blowing air towards your PS, you have it blowing air towards the front of your case? What about switching it around, so it's blowing hot air towards the exhaust fan in the back, and switching that around again to be an exhaust?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: