Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 CPU Cooler 
FICo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:01:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I have an MSI Neo Platinum 2 board, which means the CPU socket, and cooler are 90 degrees clockwise from other AMD machines, which has ment i have had to turn my 120mm exhaust fan to fire air inward instead, as it was pulling air out, away from the Cooler's fan. Anyways, this solved the problem i had originally yesterday, where the temperature went really hot. I installed the cooler yesterday afternoon, and left it running till midnight, with low temperatures. I used Arctic Silver 5 paste, although on reflection, I may have used too much. All my temperature were with Cool n Quiet switched off. Before anyone has a go at me for this, Cool n Quiet doesn't help when blasting away on Counter Strike Source and Call of Duty, where the temperatures are higher then the stock AMD cooler. With Cool n Quite off, my idle temperatures on the stock cooler were 45C, they are now 50C or higher, and under load the stock cooler is better again. Yesterday though this wasn't the case.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved