Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Win XP Updates
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:41:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dud3! wrote:
Let it be known that I DID NOT say anything this time, Icy Hot Nine did. Laughing
Laughing

Noted!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:20:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

last tiem i updated to sp2 my pc went kaput...if need be i will revert to 2k...xp is just getting assenine with all the faulty pudates and crap...i like my plain old un updated windows best...and if i get a virus i will jsut transfer all ym files to my lifeboat hdd scan and kill the virus with another pc and start a new...its worth not having to update.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:26:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL Hack... I can't agree with you fully there. I prefer staying updated and haven't had any issues I've noticed are related to SP2.

I think the random restarts I get every once in a blue-moon is related to my memory being clocked at 240FSB + ....

Ha.... (mem. gets so hot I can't hold onto it)

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:16:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL JB...

No idea why everybody seems to have so many issues with Windows XP. I never have an issue that I can't track back to something I messed with. *shrug*
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:44:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
LOL JB...

No idea why everybody seems to have so many issues with Windows XP. I never have an issue that I can't track back to something I messed with. *shrug*
Thats the thing Hellfire... Most people need a scape goat for all their problems, and MS is an easy target! Laughing

I never had a problem with XP, the updates, or anything I didn't do myself.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:49:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have to agree with Hellfire and BB. Win XP has been rock solid for me. Cracks me up how so many cry when they dont fix problems and cry when they do. Nobody seems to complain much about the people who spend the time looking for the exploits to break Windows with though.

Last edited by dadx2mj on Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:42:23; edited 2 times in total
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:07:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The idea is that these holes exist and Microsoft doesn't seem to care much. It's only since security has become a buzzword in the past couple years that they've finally sat up and taken notice. One of their 'big issues' is that their kernel is over 50 million lines of code. They "simply cannot go over it all".

Okay M$, then do what Mac did and use UNIX.

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:36:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Although I cant prove it I would bet my last $ that if as many people spent as much time looking for security holes in Linux/Unix/whatever they would find as many security holes as they do in Windows or at least close to it.

I seriously doubt MS or any other software producer intentionally leave security holes in their product. They simply write the code to accomplish what they are trying to do. The problem comes when the hackers go after it and try to find ways to break it or exploit it. I dont believe ANYONE has written software that has NO security flaws in it and I doubt it is even possible.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:42:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No system is perfect, which is why this exists: http://linuxsecurity.org/

A huge beef I have is that Internet Explorer is basically integrated with everything. Once someone compromises that, they've got full control of the system.

Anyone in the world can look at the source code of the linux kernel and basically all subsequent packages.

If we could look at the Win kernels, I guarantee we'd see 100x more security holes than in Linux.

A letter to a soldier
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:13:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd like to mention, before Dadx2mj takes offense (I honestly don't mean any), is that Windows XP is the best system MS has put out so far. Rarely does it crash for me. Then again, I shutdown my PC every night. Razz

A letter to a soldier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: