Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Win XP Updates
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:47:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just as an FYI here is a study just released.

Note, I got this as it was released by MS, and it was funded by MS... becasue they were approached by the group who wanted to do the study. So... complete disclosure there Grin

q1-fy06 sec-card-ext.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  q1-fy06 sec-card-ext.zip
 Filesize:  52.23 KB
 Downloaded:  492 Time(s)

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:49:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

my computer is soo unstable tho its held together with digial duct tape...i have so many botched programs...and my hardware is all different types that conflict with eachother...i am jsut gunna do a major upgrade soon...maby then i will use sp2...but as it stands now sp2 has broken my computer 1 to many times...and i have ahd no problems without it.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:05:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/22/linux_v_windows_security/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/security/security_report_windows_vs_linux/
http://os.newsforge.com/os/04/05/18/1715247.shtml

A letter to a soldier
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:06:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
my computer is soo unstable tho its held together with digial duct tape...i have so many botched programs...and my hardware is all different types that conflict with eachother...i am jsut gunna do a major upgrade soon...maby then i will use sp2...but as it stands now sp2 has broken my computer 1 to many times...and i have ahd no problems without it.

Sounds like you need a clean install and immediately install SP2.

A letter to a soldier
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:18:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing i have installed windows so many times...i kno what i am doin...and i am much happier without sp2...
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:26:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Just as an FYI here is a study just released.

Note, I got this as it was released by MS, and it was funded by MS... becasue they were approached by the group who wanted to do the study. So... complete disclosure there Grin

Trying to start a war? Thumbs Up

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:47:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
Laughing i have installed windows so many times...i kno what i am doin...and i am much happier without sp2...

LOL I guess I dont know what I am doing, I install it once with SP2 and all updates it never crashes and I am happy with it Grin

Icenine I dont take any offense it is just an OS and whatever anyone chooses to use is fine by me. I like XP and have had great luck with it but to each their own.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:47:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IceNine wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/22/linux_v_windows_security/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/security/security_report_windows_vs_linux/

*Nicholas Petreley's former lives include editorial director of LinuxWorld, executive editorial of InfoWorld Test Center, and columns on InfoWorld and ComputerWorld. He is the author of the Official Fedora Companion and is co-writing Linux Desktop Hacks for O'Reilly. He is also a part-time Evans Data Analyst and a freelance writer.

Yep sounds like a completely neutral party to me... Also some of the facts, aren't facts.

IceNine wrote:
http://os.newsforge.com/os/04/05/18/1715247.shtml

VERY flawed article. Incomplete information, and assumptions that may or may not be true.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:50:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

EC - That's exactly it. There are no unbiased editorials in the matter. I could pull out 50 more articles just like these.

A letter to a soldier
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:53:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey... I disclosed the fact that the one I posted wasn't unbiased. I said, "released & funded by MS"

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: