Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Where have all the RPGs gone
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:02:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I read alot i jsut dont like prenteding to have a better life Laughing .
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:24:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There are a good number of RPG's out there.

Bards Tale is hilarious, but not sure I'd call that a true RPG...
Fable
Dungeon Lords

Many are crossing the RPG - Diablo Clone line though, true RPG's are becoming harder and harder to find.

Now if you like the MMO RPG's, there's MANY out there, and many more coming soon.
Asheron's Call has a major update coming
Asheron's Call 2 has a new expansion coming
Everquest 2 (my current favorite)
Guild Wars
Matrix

As for the other game genre's I can't stand them, only play RPG's and MMORPGS Smile
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:47:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:26:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dont go and be forgetting about Neverwinter Nights and the 2 official expansion for the game!

Not to mention all of the other worlds and mods that have been done!

I totally lost a goodly chunk of my life in Baldur's Gate, and then a larger chunk in NWN.

I played Dungeon Siege hard too! Especially after we had the seceret chicken level access down pat!

Incredible loot that those plucky poultry would drop when dead!
Grin

ldonyo
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:18:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Let's also not forget the forthcoming Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

As for recent RPGs, I just finished playing through Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and it was pretty damn good! I'm going to play through it again as a different type of vampire, just to try out some of the other abilities in the game. With an effort like this, it's a damn shame Troika couldn't get another publisher on board before they had to fold.
nuwby
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:38:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm very familiar with console RPG games, and there are MANY of which I would recommend to play.

If anyone is interested, here are a few titles that I loved:

Final Fantasy Tactics >> PSX
Final Fantasy 6 (3 in US version) >> SNES
Final Fantasy 7 >> PSX
Final Fantasy 2 in US version... I think that's 4 in Japanese >> SNES
Secret of Evermore >> SNES
Lufia 2 >> SNES

ROMs for most of these titles could easily be found, so have fun!

Those are the ones that immidiately come to mind, so they would be considered by me to be the best ones to "waste" a couple hundred cumulative hours on Wink.
Kelly
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 00:14:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think I'm gonna try Vampire: Masquerade, perhaps nwn too... I got sacred Plus a while back... Not too bad, but really doesn't rate in terms of rpg - character development...

Anyone heard of Omega? basically it's an OLD (shareware) ASCII game (much like Nethack), but the really cool thing about it was that characters had no set limitations or skills until they joined guilds and train... I'd really like to see a model like that in the newer Diablo-Clone style games, where every character is just a blank mould and you train them and develop them whichever way...

Anyway, great feedback I've got me some titles to peruse....

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

oldsage
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:56:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kelly wrote:
I think I'm gonna try Vampire: Masquerade, ...

I played Vampire: Masquerade, and its a very good RPG game. One of the best. Maybe even better then the new one that just came out.

But there is one annoying "flaw" in it. The game only lets you save at certain spots in the game, and if you die before getting to what is a "save point" in the game, then you have to totally and completely redo everything that you were working on before that on the level. There was some extreme complaints about this on the developer's forums when this game first came out. I remember going to the developer's web site and seeing all the threads about it.

Other then the annoying save feature, its a really good game, and I would highly recommend it.

Another game I would recommend for RPG is Wizardry 8 (which is probably the all around best RPG developed in the last 5 years). It came out in the year 2000 and has pretty decent graphics. Not up to today's standards, but not that bad either. And has the most sophiscated combat system and character development you will find in any game released in the last 5 years.

And lastly I would recommend a title called "Wizards and Warriors".
nuwby
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:11:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For those of you who like a lot of those old school games, I would like to share a website with you.

www.abandonia.com

The website has at least 100 downloadable games. Many are DOS, where most of us have to download another program to properly run them - DOSBOX v0.63 - but they have several awesome games, such as the X-COM series, and Syndicate series.

Anyone with a serious interest with games should at least check it out. Have fun Wink.
Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:26:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

oldsage wrote:
And lastly I would recommend a title called "Wizards and Warriors".

The Activision game??!?!?

I was a Beta Tester on that game!
Still have it!
Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: