Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Day of Defeat: Source First Impressions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 10:04:24    Post Subject: Day of Defeat: Source First Impressions Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
On Monday September 26th Day of Defeat: Source was launched. The original Day of Defeat was an online, multiplayer Half Life mod which became quite popular, but always existed in the shadow of Counter Strike. Once Half Life 2 was released, with Counter Strike: Source included in the retail kit, it seemed like history was bound to repeat itself. After all, there would be hesitance on the part of the consumer before spending another $19.99 on a multiplayer FPS game after they had purchased the HL2 kit, which included Deathmatch and CS:S.

In order to create some excitement around the release of this title Valve made a few smart moves. Aside from delaying the release of the game for a few months after HL2 came out, they also added a few exciting features. The most hyped addition was that of high dynamic range (HDR) lighting. To put it simply, this is a technology which provides for a wider range of exposures than standard digital imaging. Ultimately this provides for a more realistic scene, even in direct sunlight or full shadow coverage.

xyzcomputing.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:02:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Funny thing...I bought BF2 for a Lan Party a little while back. I liked it. It took me 2 hours to get the config set up right, but once it was. It was good times. After the party, didn't really touch it. And for the most part, still haven't.

Now when DOD:S came out...I fought with STEAM to get it, and once I did, I played something like 13 hours that week! And I don't have a lot of time for games these days. I think it would be a lot if I played 13 hours in the 30 days prior to DOD:S! Since then, I have been working on getting my new system in shape and haven't had for much else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: