Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Who knows HDTVs?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:44:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IceNine wrote:
Y'all are stupid. It's all about projectors. (please note the sarcasm. and BB, did you get my PM?)

No PM from you since last Thursday... Confused
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:48:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL

I plan to go with a DLP projector when I build my home theater room. Using my HTPC for the signal Smile
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:08:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A CRT is far more responsive, sharper, and carries higher quality pictures than any LCD or plasma screen. It's contrast ratio is far superior. Almost instantanious response. Cheaper..

HDTV is a joke, all it is is a higher resolution picture. nothing more than that. Its the same picture that you get on analog 525x393(actual 480x372) NTSC TV, only stretched to fit higher resolutions.

HDTV signal is just a digitized mpeg stream to allow for more channels in the same given bandwidth and use higher resolutions. Yes, it may look better than typical TV, but so does Doom 3 at 1920x1440 instead of 640x480. ... Same signal different output.

Digital doesn't add or subtract to picture quality, it just allows us cable companies to stuff 12 channels into the space of a single analog's 6mhz bandwidth.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:04:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

1 out of 4 right, not bad Bang Head (maybe 2 Wink )
CRT's still lead the pack

HDTV is a higher res (but most programs are not yet done in the hi-res format)

HDTV can have 4 times the X*Y info (16 times the data rate)
the signal is different and if shot with new HDTV camera will show details you can't believe, but only select progams actually use this and if you have cable often the full monty is not what they pass through. over the air HDTV CAN be amazing.
Digital cable has very little to do with HDTV, Wide screen, or quality.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:51:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK, another set of questions... What is an HDMI connection? And what can I connect to it? Can I convert DVI to it?

Some tvs I now like have HDMI but no DVI... Confused
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:57:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

nevermind - a little Google found me a great new article at Anandtech - http://anandtech.com/multimedia/showdoc.aspx?i=2321

And I can just slap one of these... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1089242602203&skuId=6770559&type=product on the end of the DVI cable Spire randomly sent me once... Laughing
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:29:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think Spire was eluding to a different monster cable... Crazy Eye

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:42:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got your monster cable hangin'!!!!!!!!!
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:23:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ya that doesnt suprise me spire is random Laughing
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:40:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Finally pulled the trigger... Not the best, but very nice.

A 44" LCD projection TV that not only has the full set of Component, Composite, and S-Video inputs, but also has a 15-pin VGA input and a DVI input. Alos has a serial port... WTF Not sure what goes there yet!

This is gonna rock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: