Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Do Not Host With Midphase
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:07:46    Post Subject: Do Not Host With Midphase Reply with quote View Single Post

Just posted this on the old hosts forum:

Quote:
I moved my sites away from MidPhase a few weeks ago, and finally decided all was well on the new box and it was time to drop the account here. First try was to call MidPhase and cancel over the phone. Was immediately informed that the Cancellation Form was the only way to do this, and I navigated my way to the fairly well hidden page in question.

I filed a cancellation form for service here at MidPhase on Friday, October 08, 2004, and immediately received an acknowledgement that stated cancellation could take up to 14 days to complete. Wasn't quite sure why it would take so long, as it seemed so quick and easy for my site to be suspended or down, which don't seem any more difficult than a cancellation.

Just for kicks I also filed a support ticket requesting a cancellation on October 08, 2004, which wasn't responded to for 5 days (slowest ever), and they responded by confirming that this had to be handled via the cancellation form.

So, I decided to follow up with an e-mail on October 14, 2004 just to be sure the wheels of cancellation were in motion, and Dan responded that he "will insure it is done as soon as possible". OK, I guess.

Then on October 19, 2004 I receive an invoice for service... due that day! Considering that my uptime had been threatened in the past due to their weak billing system's inability to automatically process my credit card payment, I was upset but did laugh at how ridiculous this was. Then, I log into the billing system and see that somehow this one was actually processing! How ironic!

So, I then called MidPhase, press the button for billing, and magically get through to an actual human being! And just the human being I wanted to talk to... Dan! Dan clicks around a few places and stops the processing of my invoice, and again assures me that the cancellation is being processed.

So, now it is October 21, 2004... Less than 24 hours from the 14 day window expiring. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, ehh?

Now, I know someone may like to point out that the forum is not the place for support issues, but lets recap:

1. Cancellation form complete... CHECK
2. E-Mail sent to owner for confirmation... CHECK
3. Phone call made to owner for confirmation... CHECK
4. Support ticket filed for confirmation... CHECK
5. Forum thread started to complete the circuit... CHECK

But... I am still waiting for confirmation that the account is closed!

Thanks again! Grin

May not last long, though:

http://forum3.midphasetalk.com/showthread.php?t=2300

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:14:55; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:16:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can hardly wait to see how those Bozo's handle that thread. I have never seen anyone with such lousy customer service, the way they argue with their customers on that forum is so over the line.
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:59:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

go to www.Hypernia.Net if your lookign for hosting and if you like what you see i may be able to get u a deal not sure tho. My clan leader sells servers for them so he maight be able to work somthign out.
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:04:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

we're all set now, thanks. Bought my own server, and now have tons of room/bandwidth for just two sites!
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:16:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey BB I have seen you mention two sites before. What is the other site you own? Or is that a guarded secret? Yikes Confused
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:17:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

nah, I have mentioned it before... I hold the paperwork for it (as well as designed it and run it), but really the "club" owns it...

http://www.ndclubnorthjersey.com

I felt bad having them sign up for MidPhase on my suggestion, so I moved them over here with us...
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:20:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

your a Notere Dame fan... I am gonna fit right in round here Smile
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:47:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, a fan (no matter how the season is going), and an alum...

But, I guess things have been wrapped on MidPhase's end. I never did get the formal cancellation notice from them, but did just get this e-mail from the owner...

Quote:
Just so you know, when you called in last time I did process your cancellation right there and then. Since your account is closed, and you are no longer a customer I am cutting off your forum access.

Wow... I was banned on my way out the door! Laughing Thats great!! I always thought they might ban me, even when I was a customer, so I lasted longer than anticipated!!
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:49:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LMAO what a bunch of chicken sh_ts
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:09:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I guess the ban didn't go through yet... go figure, not like them to not do what they say!!

Anyway... I had to get one last post in to that worthless admin Andrew. Funniest thing, when I signed up there last winter, Andrew was just a customer, and a fairly unhappy one at that... And now he is an admin! Laughing - The owner there offered me a similar gig... Forum moderator, some kind of deal on hosting, and all I had to do was stop complaining on the forum... obviously they didn't buy my silence...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: