Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Do Not Host With Midphase 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:07:46    Post Subject: Do Not Host With Midphase Reply with quote

Just posted this on the old hosts forum:

Quote:
I moved my sites away from MidPhase a few weeks ago, and finally decided all was well on the new box and it was time to drop the account here. First try was to call MidPhase and cancel over the phone. Was immediately informed that the Cancellation Form was the only way to do this, and I navigated my way to the fairly well hidden page in question.

I filed a cancellation form for service here at MidPhase on Friday, October 08, 2004, and immediately received an acknowledgement that stated cancellation could take up to 14 days to complete. Wasn't quite sure why it would take so long, as it seemed so quick and easy for my site to be suspended or down, which don't seem any more difficult than a cancellation.

Just for kicks I also filed a support ticket requesting a cancellation on October 08, 2004, which wasn't responded to for 5 days (slowest ever), and they responded by confirming that this had to be handled via the cancellation form.

So, I decided to follow up with an e-mail on October 14, 2004 just to be sure the wheels of cancellation were in motion, and Dan responded that he "will insure it is done as soon as possible". OK, I guess.

Then on October 19, 2004 I receive an invoice for service... due that day! Considering that my uptime had been threatened in the past due to their weak billing system's inability to automatically process my credit card payment, I was upset but did laugh at how ridiculous this was. Then, I log into the billing system and see that somehow this one was actually processing! How ironic!

So, I then called MidPhase, press the button for billing, and magically get through to an actual human being! And just the human being I wanted to talk to... Dan! Dan clicks around a few places and stops the processing of my invoice, and again assures me that the cancellation is being processed.

So, now it is October 21, 2004... Less than 24 hours from the 14 day window expiring. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, ehh?

Now, I know someone may like to point out that the forum is not the place for support issues, but lets recap:

1. Cancellation form complete... CHECK
2. E-Mail sent to owner for confirmation... CHECK
3. Phone call made to owner for confirmation... CHECK
4. Support ticket filed for confirmation... CHECK
5. Forum thread started to complete the circuit... CHECK

But... I am still waiting for confirmation that the account is closed!

Thanks again! Grin

May not last long, though:

http://forum3.midphasetalk.com/showthread.php?t=2300

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:14:55; edited 1 time in total

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved