Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
The Village... (SPOILER DISCUSSION)
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:00:38    Post Subject: The Village... (SPOILER DISCUSSION) Reply with quote View Single Post

Last night Misty and I got a sucker... errr babysitter and we went out to dinner and a movie (btw... the Cheesecake Factory rocks for dinner... biggest menu I think I have ever seen).

We went and saw The Villiage.... it was... errr "interesting" in my opinion. While I didn't have it figured out exactly I had the basic frame work long before the end of the movie. And come from M. Night I was disappointed. I like everyone one who say the 6th sense my jaw hit the floor at the end. Not here. To be honest though out the whole movie I kept thinking "What a bunch of pu$$ies".

Misty liked it better though.

How about any of you, have you seen it and what do you think?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:13:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I never heard of it until this thread... But did see on the news that the first week did like 60 something million and dropped to like 17 million the second week due to "bad word of mouth"!! Laughing

What is it about? And why does it suck? Confused
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:47:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok... If you want to see the movie and don't want it spoiled... STOP READING

If you want to know.... highlight the below, because I have typed it in a text color you can't see well on this background (I don't want to get any blame for ruining the movie for someone).

Ok... the problem is the movie has these "monsters" whom the village people call "Those we do not speak of"... and the corniness just continues from there. The first time I saw the monsters I though "People in costumes" not only from the way they acted, but from the way they looked. Modern special effects don't allow for that so it had to be of significance.... and it was because it was just people in costumes. Just from the way the people acted though out the whole movie all I kept thinking was.... "these people are freaks, and pu$$ies". It turned out I was right about every thing. I was even mostly right about "the towns" they kept talking about. I of course didn't have everything perfect, but I knew too much for the ending of the movie to be worth anything.

Maybe I just expected too much after the 6th sense. But I wouldn't recommend this movie to any one unless you are just going to get out, get some awesome Movie popcorn and you go to a drive-in or matinée.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:18:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have to agree, I expected a good thriller/horror film. It wasn't that great. Was good enough to keep you watching, but that was about it.

BTW, M Night knew it wasn't going to be a big hit, said it's one of those movies that people will watch occassionally years from now, and see the hidden meanings.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:27:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea.... I think I do see some of the hiden meanings... at least in my mind... Laughing
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:41:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

heheh supposed to be a bit of a political statement I guess...

Changed color here because it could give a bit of info away...

Something like we can't hide from our problems. In every society no matter how perfect it will fall apart from the fear of the unknown.
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:03:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Some of us use the subSilver color and can see EVERYTHING Wink No matter thou ... it's not my kind of movie so I had no intentions of seeing it Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:59:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

heheh Sorry Razz

Glad you don't care then lol
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:38:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I changed the thread title to protect those who may want to see this... and to spell Village correctly... Laughing

Full Moon
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:17:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL Bite me smooth a$$..... Laughing

BTW.... did anyone else think those things looked like big pork-u-pines on `roids?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: