Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Can of Compressed Air Pressure?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:59:47    Post Subject: Can of Compressed Air Pressure? Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, I know this isn't exactly in the realm of computer hardware, but I've noticed I go through a can of air everytime I open my computers.

I want to get a small air compresser for my computer room to do it, but don't want to get one that's overly powerful.

Anybody have an idea what the pressure is in those cans of air?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:04:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I dunno... but I did see one at CompUseless that had a pump and you could re-pressurize it yourself. Like $20, too!!
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:30:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was in the same boat. I got sick of buying canned air. I got a little pancake compressor I keep in my closet. I am not sure of the pressure of the canned air but I run my compressor at around 80-100 psi and it does just fine
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:36:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Guys you can screw up your computer by doing that. The reason for the can of compressed air is their is no moisture, if you use a compressor your putting air & WATER in your computer.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:58:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a water trap on my air line and drain the tank after every use. Been doing it for over three years without any troubles but it is definitely something you have to take precautions against.

Last edited by dadx2mj on Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:27:28; edited 1 time in total
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:12:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The can of compressed air pressure is based on the vapor pressure of the tetraflourounobtanium (or whatever is in it).

If you find out the correct name of the crap in the can and google for Vapor pressure of it, you will have your answer. It isn't that high though I bet its not over 10-12 lbs. I agree with EC on teh moist air thing also, however I have been using a well seperated, moisture and filtered air compressor for a decade now and have had no issues. But I have the right prefilters and seperators too.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:01:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, so put a water trap (maybe two) on the line. Is there a REALLY good one? Or would the Craftsman one be good enough?

Specifically:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00916008000&subcat=Air+Tool+Accessories

Anything else to watch out for?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 03:00:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Make sure you get a fine nozzle for the end so you get a good jet of air
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:51:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bah... leaf blower works too..
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:49:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
I dunno... but I did see one at CompUseless that had a pump and you could re-pressurize it yourself. Like $20, too!!

ah the RE-AIR, I've got the one with the hand pump, pump works fine, but the outlet valve on the can is very small, almost worthlees output. Go with the disposables, or get a small air pump such as the ones for Air-brushing from an art store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: