Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
DIABLO III
No, I am not playing a joke
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 06 May 2012 10:36:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
Let me know how it is, I still haven't decided if I'm buying it or not.

Will do...

I've been waiting for this like I waited for Doom 3. I just hope Diablo 3 doesn't disappoint me like Doom did.

From all the spoiler clips I've seen it is an improvement(graphics) over D2. I'm not crazy about the selection of characters though - I loved the old Necromancers and Assassins(trap). With their corpse explosion spells/traps you could make short work of just about critter or group of critters.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 06 May 2012 20:07:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, I'm worried that it's just DII with slightly better graphics. Which... just won't cut it any more. I played the F'k out of D1 & DII, but... those were so many years ago I'm not sure I'm interested in that style any more.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 06 May 2012 22:32:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm really excited for D3, BUT it plays almost exactly like D1 and D2 with an improved graphics engine. Pretty much take D2 and update it to today's graphics and you're playing D3 with slightly different characters.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 May 2012 09:14:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I played a bit when they had the open beta a few weeks ago. DII is unplayable, just can't get into it with the old graphics.

DIII is a lot like DII, but that's what everyone wants, right? Better graphics, new story, revised classes, shared inventory(stash), etc.

I have my copy order via Amazon for May 15 delivery. So I will be playing.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 May 2012 17:58:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Even if the graphics are just marginally better than D2, it will at least offer me a new adventure to pursue.

I'm not all hung up on graphics so long as it doesn't have glitches. I usually turn all the crap off that I can anyways no matter what game it is.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 May 2012 09:13:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Go and play D2 on 800x600 on your 1080P LED monitor. Laughing
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 May 2012 14:12:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
Go and play D2 on 800x600 on your 1080P LED monitor. Laughing

Well, yeah.. I can see a problem there without even trying it. lol

It used to look great tho at max rez on my old 21" CRT's with fine pixel size. But that was back way when.. Diablo 1 & 2 was coded for Glide and when I was using 3dfx 3500, 4500, and 5500 cards.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 May 2012 14:17:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I watched about 5hrs of Youtube videos lastnite of people playing the beta/testing version. ...I'm kinda hung-up on which toon to choose.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 16 May 2012 00:30:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Made it to Act II. Graphics are better than D2. There is also some game physics.

The server went down 3-4 times today. Looks like they are hot to get it back up, but there has been plenty of new release bugs.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:31:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, I played some as well last night, I think I'm around level 8 or 9. Best thing is the music and sounds. Always loved Diablo's audio.

My ID thing is Modulok#1823. Add me and let's play together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: