Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
DIABLO III
No, I am not playing a joke
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:19:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

In preparation of D3, I reinstalled D2+Hellfire and tried playing it for days on... and couldn't.

It's still a good game, but looking back on my experience, it's pretty clear how I managed to put it down (actually, got bored) after a few hours. I could sum up my recent D2 experience in a few words:

Rated R Pokemon.

Basically, once you've figured out the optimal build & optimal gear, you just run around trying to 'catch them all'. With dismembered bodies all around. Ok, that actually sounds kind of fun, and it is, but eventually you can't help but realize how pointless it is... and go back to WoW. WoW is exactly the same game, but it's much bigger, there are very frequent changes to the content and there's a LOT more interactions with other players that you can usually push that nagging feeling you are wasting all your perilously short life for no concrete results down into your subconscious.

I've looked at all the D3 previews and all I can say is that it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for in a game. I don't want to watch a gargantuously-endowed female Demon Hunter shoot a million bolts from a single-string crossbow. That's not better graphics, on the contrary... I just want to play a competent character that has to make hard (but fun) choices to get a rewarding, emotional experience.

So far, all the previews have shown how much D3 is going to be like D2 - they've focussed on that because they want to convince the diehard D2 fans that they are doing the right thing. But I want to learn how D3 isn't like D2. Is there going to be a good plot? How open-ended is it going to be? Will there be demons stealing babies? Will you be able to not kill the naked females this time? Will there be an actual narrative that makes sense (and won't be translated in France extremely s#!7* - like all games translated there?)?

If not, I'd rather go back and play Moria or Nethack... At least you can train your pet to steal stuff, always fun. Smile

Anyways, lots of videos coming out on their site so I guess they are ramping up for a launch sometimes at the end of the year? I'm keeping my fingers crossed, who knows - Blizzard doesn't release s#!7* games. Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Ryuujin
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:45:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I played a demo at blizzcon this year. Its a very great game.
AustralianGQ
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:10:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

im so looking forward to this game coming out!
raulbog
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 01:26:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bash wrote:
James86 wrote:
Blizzard said that D3 isn't coming out in 2011 Sad

Do you have a link? Hopefully that's not true.

At their year-end conference call Activision Blizzard left out numbers from Diablo 3 in their 2011 outlook.
(listen here: http://investor.activision.com/eventdetail.cfm?eventid=91363)

Executives at Activision later said in interviews that they are still working for a 2011 release, however.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:22:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

raulbog
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:20:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh well.

Let's just hope it is at least one calendar year better in 2012.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:19:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 05 May 2012 20:51:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Diablo 3 releases May 15th.

I already have my pre-release copy downloaded. 7.6gb download.

Just waiting the days out until it allows me to install it.

skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 05 May 2012 22:51:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

duke nukem forever mark II...
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 05 May 2012 22:55:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Let me know how it is, I still haven't decided if I'm buying it or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: