Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cable TV ..........NOT!
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 01:43:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

JimBowy wrote:
Anybody know how the NHL package through NHL.com works? I would miss my hockey games if I got rid of cable...

Not sure, but I'm probably going to find out this winter. Wink We used 7.7GB yesterday Yikes I lowered Hulu and Amazon to their lowest quality settings and have the Roku box default set to 600Kbps, maybe that will help.

If not, DirecTV may be in our future. Grin
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, after 4 days of internet only TV, she's actually receptive to the idea. GrinGrinGrinGrin

Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:09:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you run short on bandwidth you might be able to pay for a second internet service for less than a TV service account. Then you can get one of those load sharing routers and balance the LAN's bandwidth across the two modems. Or dedicate one modem to TV duties.
peeved_kitten
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:16:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Are you too far away from a transmitter to pick up the TV signal Over The Air?
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:28:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nothing to watch on OTA TV...certainly not any hockey games Sad
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:07:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wait... do they actually do OTA TV anymore Confused
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 13:43:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

peeved_kitten wrote:
Are you too far away from a transmitter to pick up the TV signal Over The Air?

I made a digital antenna a couple days ago and it worked pretty good. Picked up 26 stations, although only 10 of them have anything we watch. Yesterday I took the homemade antenna down because although it worked great, it looked like sh!t. Grin (made out of bailing wire some screws a 3' piece of coax and a 3ft. piece of 2"x4") Anyway, I put a $55 omni in it's place and we've got OTA HD for ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS and PBS as well as SD digital for WB and a couple other stations. Not really a lot on, but we do use it for morning and evening news which does ease the bandwidth usage a little.

Over the last week, we've used just under 30GB, the first three days of which we used 20GB. At that point I lowered the quality of Hulu to 288p and netflix to 0.3GB/hr. Also hooked up the OTA antenna and we only used 10GB total the last 4 days of the week.

I think we're going to be fine and I'm probably going to raise the quality settings back up slightly. The kids (and by extension my wife and I) will be pretty busy for the next 7 months with hockey so i don't think we'll use nearly as much bandwidth as we did last week.

*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 14:51:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

But how much of that 40GB was for p0rn?? We know that usage isn't going to drop any!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 17:51:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
But how much of that 40GB was for p0rn?? We know that usage isn't going to drop any!

The pr0n comes Grin over the evdo modem which is still unlimited but only about 1.5mbps down 384kbps up. Grin

I wouldn't dream of capping that. Laughing

*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 19:07:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
BeerCheeze wrote:

The pr0n comes Grin over the evdo modem which is still unlimited but only about 1.5mbps down 384kbps up. Grin

I wouldn't dream of capping that. Laughing

AHhh smart move... Slow and steady.... Quagmire
yingxuy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 01:37:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If I can DIY, TLC, Science and History Channel online, I would dump cable, but they only thing I see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: