Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Cable TV ..........NOT! 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 13:43:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote

peeved_kitten wrote:
Are you too far away from a transmitter to pick up the TV signal Over The Air?

I made a digital antenna a couple days ago and it worked pretty good. Picked up 26 stations, although only 10 of them have anything we watch. Yesterday I took the homemade antenna down because although it worked great, it looked like sh!t. Grin (made out of bailing wire some screws a 3' piece of coax and a 3ft. piece of 2"x4") Anyway, I put a $55 omni in it's place and we've got OTA HD for ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS and PBS as well as SD digital for WB and a couple other stations. Not really a lot on, but we do use it for morning and evening news which does ease the bandwidth usage a little.

Over the last week, we've used just under 30GB, the first three days of which we used 20GB. At that point I lowered the quality of Hulu to 288p and netflix to 0.3GB/hr. Also hooked up the OTA antenna and we only used 10GB total the last 4 days of the week.

I think we're going to be fine and I'm probably going to raise the quality settings back up slightly. The kids (and by extension my wife and I) will be pretty busy for the next 7 months with hockey so i don't think we'll use nearly as much bandwidth as we did last week.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved