Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Which is your favourite OS
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sd4
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:06:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

im still using winxp. I can't stand win7. Way too much eye candy.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

AustralianGQ
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:15:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

windows 7 home premium
JMBB
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:32:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm still using XP. Vista and Win7 are much too bloated for me. When MS comes out with a lean and secure new OS I'll switch.
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:46:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well i can not choose, so i am going with a tri-boot. Ubuntu, 7 and mac.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:40:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I prefer Win XP. Vista and 7 are too sluggish and full of bloat. There is no reason why an OS need 30gigs of harddrive space.. 7gb of space with a fully installed and patched XP is bad enough.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:23:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think my Windows 7 installs are all between 14-18GB. With a few 30GB SSDs on hand, they are definitely less than that since I had room for other stuff, too.

Windows 7 for me.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:34:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Almost all of my home PC's are running Windows 7 right now, 1 is still on Vista but that's getting upgraded soon.

Also running Windows 2008 R2, and a *nix based firewall. Plan on trying a Hackintosh soon too.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:19:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ms dos 5.0 ftw (yes, I actually have a computer still running it)
dlb
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:23:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I used XP for a looong time, and truly thought that MS would not be able to build a better OS. I was wrong. Vista was a slow sluggish nightmare, but Win7 is a completely different monster. It's fast, intuitive, the "previews" are totally helpful (like if you have numerous tabs open in your browser, you simply pause the mouse pointer on the browser icon in the system tray and you're shown a preview of each tab), and it's totally stable. Any modern CPU (less than 3 years old) and 2gb RAM can run Win7 w/o problems. I have no idea why some people still use XP, considering ALL support for it will stop in 2012. It was supposed to die in 2010 but MS graciously extended it. Win7 only has visual similarities to Vista, and a few operational similarities, but Win7 is much less intrusive, much more reponsive, and is overall "snappier" than both XP and Vista, and Win7 boots to a functional desktop much quicker. With 1tb hard drive costing only $70 or so, and a 2tb drive only about $80, having an OS use 15-20gb is a non-issue. A clean Win7 install with drivers and updates is about 15gb or 17gb (at least that's been my experience), and on a 1tb drive, that's a drop in the proverbial bucket.
fireflying
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 05:30:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like the most operating system is XP.7 isf starting to win!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: