Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Which is your favourite OS 
dlb
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:23:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I used XP for a looong time, and truly thought that MS would not be able to build a better OS. I was wrong. Vista was a slow sluggish nightmare, but Win7 is a completely different monster. It's fast, intuitive, the "previews" are totally helpful (like if you have numerous tabs open in your browser, you simply pause the mouse pointer on the browser icon in the system tray and you're shown a preview of each tab), and it's totally stable. Any modern CPU (less than 3 years old) and 2gb RAM can run Win7 w/o problems. I have no idea why some people still use XP, considering ALL support for it will stop in 2012. It was supposed to die in 2010 but MS graciously extended it. Win7 only has visual similarities to Vista, and a few operational similarities, but Win7 is much less intrusive, much more reponsive, and is overall "snappier" than both XP and Vista, and Win7 boots to a functional desktop much quicker. With 1tb hard drive costing only $70 or so, and a 2tb drive only about $80, having an OS use 15-20gb is a non-issue. A clean Win7 install with drivers and updates is about 15gb or 17gb (at least that's been my experience), and on a 1tb drive, that's a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved