Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
NewBie Help please LANPARTY problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niceluciano
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:38:48    Post Subject: NewBie Help please LANPARTY problem Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi everyone

This is my first post

I hope someone can help me as i am Pulling out the last bit of hair that i have lefy Mad

This is what i have:

CASE : Thermaltake ARMOUR
PSU : Thermaltake 550 w
Motherboard : DFi LANPARTY nf4 sli-Dr
CPU : Amd ATHLON 64 fx 53
Memory : Corseair 2 x 512 3200xlpro 400mhz
HARDDISK 1 : MAXTOR 300GB 7200 ide
HARDDISK 2 : Hitachi 400gb SATA
VIDEO CARD : BFG GEFORCE 6800GT OC
MONITOR : MEDION 27'' LCD with DVI IN

And all the otehr DVDCD roms, floppy ETC

Operating system : WINDOWS XP PRO, HOME and 64

Now the PRoblem :

I have not touched the CMOS or modified in any way....... or tryed overclocking ...... it doesent matter what OS i try, i get the same problem...

When i get into Windows i have installed all my drivers etc all is fine and works Oki i suppose ( i really aint noticed any speed diference since my upgrade from my amd xp 2100 Sad ) lol

After i start running say WINRAR to unpack games or films .. or i run MIRC or Emule or watch a film My pc JUST SHUTS down!!!! Censored Censored Censored

ALL the time every time just SHUTS down!!

I have tryed other memory, and i even took out my DVB-c and DVB-s cards and still the same problem !!

PLease can anyone advice me on where i am going wrong?

What should i be doing?

DID i do sumthing wrong from the begining? Format? partiton?

Please people Help me out here... i have spent loads of money to get a nice TOP system and to overclock and i cant even download oe use my PC !!

Thanks in advance

Luciano

From LONDON
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:50:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Niceluciano... Welcome!

Some awesome gear you have there!

First thing that comes to my mind is that it my be shutting down due to thermal protection. Are you monitoring temperatures?

Perhaps the CPU cooler isn't seated properly. Take it off and see if the imprint in the thermal paste indicates that it was touching the whole surface. Then, clean it off and try again. Maybe check it again if it wasn't seated properly...
Niceluciano
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:54:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks bro

I have tryed that many times, because sumtimes when it use to switch off the CPU monitor light at the frontX never came OFF so i took it out cleaned it up and put it back in, it aint happend for a long time (light) but the shuting off is still here :-(

Also i have tryed 3 diferent heatsink and fans and still the same!!!

Thanks agian

ps Big Bruin how do i monitor dempretures?

luciano
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:51:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

what type of cpu compound are you using ?
also you getting any beeps when this happens before or after !
also check the power supply rails !
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:28:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hi and welcome Niceluciano:

I too have the sli-dr board and had that same BSOD problem. I tried several things much like you have new ram, reseating chips etc.
I was running windows media edition and found that going to windows xp sp 2 (not media edition)solved my problem. but again that doesn't sound like your problem....

what BIOS version are you running? Also these are very power sensitive maybe check your power supply.

Lastly you can check temperatures using Smartguardian it should have been on the DFI utility disk under tools~ITE smartguardian.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:35:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome...

The things I can think of are:

1) Make sure you update all drivers (NIC, Sound, Video, Chipset, etc...) to the latest version.
2) Make sure you have upgraded the BIOS on your motherboard to the latest version
3) Check your PSU and make sure the voltages are right
ltklev
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:39:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hi there Wave

i have an assumption about what your problem is...
well... i've read on newegg.com (a very good hardware shopping site) many people complaining that their corsair memory of some kind (i don't exactly remember what model) doesn't work with their DFI LANPARTY nf4 motherboards!
DON'T RELY ON MY SPECULATION,YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO MORE EXPERIENCED GUYS...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Niceluciano
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:25:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi again

I took out one of the 512mb chips and its been running for 3 days now, without it shutting off :-)

I have the memory on slot 2

Could anybody please explain what the difence in single and dual memory slots are?

when ever i put into slot 2 and 4 it crashes much quicker

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: